Making a different victory animation for heroes

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Gaplan
Red Slime

Making a different victory animation for heroes

Post by Gaplan »

Hello, i was wondering, if there is a way throgh scripting to make the victory frames something else than "standing" and "attack A", or is there an implemented function to do so? :???: sorry for bad english btw :hurr:
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Unfortunately, there is no way to affect battles via scripting. I think TMC said he wanted to wait until he converts the battle system to slices and implements the new sprite system.
Gaplan
Red Slime

Post by Gaplan »

That's sad. But is there any way to stop somehow the victory animations, some of my characters are looks just so silly when doing their victory dance. :zombie:
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

There is indeed a plan for a new animation system that will allow customizing this.

I don't know when it will be ready for testing.

There is also a separate plan to enable scripting in battles, but you will probably have to wait longer for that one than for the animation customizations.
KutKu
Red Slime

Post by KutKu »

Gaplan wrote:That's sad. But is there any way to stop somehow the victory animations, some of my characters are looks just so silly when doing their victory dance. :zombie:
I'm just conjecturing here but I think it's possible if you're willing sacrifice a few slots in the enemy formation and possibly(?) do a bit of scripting.

PHASE 1

Basically create a hero victory pose as a medium enemy sprite.
Set that Hero V pose as an enemy with the bit "Win battle even if alive"
Decide what your max party limit will be for the rest of the game <== X
Create a custom formation
Align X amount of enemy sprite locations to the default locations of your heros

PHASE 2

Create an enemy attack trigger that runs on the defeat of the final enemy
On that trigger spawn the custom hero V poses
Get the correct hero V poses to appear in tandem with the correct heros in formation
Test and improve for a variety of situations

I haven't really done too much with "spawn on death" stuff with enemies. However, I do know that the attack editor is incredibly robust when it comes to checking multitudes of things.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

That's a really elaborate way to custom victory poses!
But a builtin way to customise Victory and other animations should be implemented in the next few days :)