Red Slime
Making a different victory animation for heroes 
 PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Hello, i was wondering, if there is a way throgh scripting to make the victory frames something else than "standing" and "attack A", or is there an implemented function to do so? Confused sorry for bad english btw Hurr
Metal Slime

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:40 pm
Unfortunately, there is no way to affect battles via scripting. I think TMC said he wanted to wait until he converts the battle system to slices and implements the new sprite system.
Red Slime

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:59 pm
That's sad. But is there any way to stop somehow the victory animations, some of my characters are looks just so silly when doing their victory dance. Zombie
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm
There is indeed a plan for a new animation system that will allow customizing this.

I don't know when it will be ready for testing.

There is also a separate plan to enable scripting in battles, but you will probably have to wait longer for that one than for the animation customizations.
Red Slime

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 am
Gaplan wrote:
That's sad. But is there any way to stop somehow the victory animations, some of my characters are looks just so silly when doing their victory dance. :zombie:

I'm just conjecturing here but I think it's possible if you're willing sacrifice a few slots in the enemy formation and possibly(?) do a bit of scripting.

PHASE 1

Basically create a hero victory pose as a medium enemy sprite.
Set that Hero V pose as an enemy with the bit "Win battle even if alive"
Decide what your max party limit will be for the rest of the game <== X
Create a custom formation
Align X amount of enemy sprite locations to the default locations of your heros

PHASE 2

Create an enemy attack trigger that runs on the defeat of the final enemy
On that trigger spawn the custom hero V poses
Get the correct hero V poses to appear in tandem with the correct heros in formation
Test and improve for a variety of situations

I haven't really done too much with "spawn on death" stuff with enemies. However, I do know that the attack editor is incredibly robust when it comes to checking multitudes of things.
Metal King Slime

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 6:19 pm
That's a really elaborate way to custom victory poses!
But a builtin way to customise Victory and other animations should be implemented in the next few days :)