NES MAKER on kickstarter

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

DragonChaserKev
Slime

NES MAKER on kickstarter

Post by DragonChaserKev »

I saw a few reviews for my half assed game and came to check them out. Motivates me to get back on it and maybe finish and fix 'er up. Been slowly trying to learn 6502 Assembly and then saw NES Maker on kickstarter so thought if there was one thing I'd support it'd be that and did. So am looking forward to spending many hours with the program and also with 6502.

Any other NES Makers backers around here? Just curious. The New 8-Bit Heroes documentary was also very good, less so on the second viewing.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I had not heard of NES Maker before. It sounds really cool, thank you for mentioning it!

Looks like it has 12 more days to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... g-required
DragonChaserKev
Slime

Post by DragonChaserKev »

If you watch the demo videos it has many similarities to OHRRPGCE and some differences of course. Hamster Creation Engine has Hamster Speak which was what I had difficulties with understanding to further bring my game to life, I did manage to implement a few things but not as much as I'd like. Their engine will have different modules which will undoubtedly make doing many things easier but since it's NES it has 6502 code you can use to further tweek and adjust things if you know how. So my six months of slowly learning 6502 just got a boost of motivation.

The team behind it also has a documentary about making an NES game called The New 8-bit Heroes which is worth a viewing.