Review Contest 2017 before HOTOHR?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

marionline
Metal Slime

Review Contest 2017 before HOTOHR?

Post by marionline »

Shall we do a review Contest for 2017 before the time frame of HOTOHR begins in may?
I'd like to do another review contest, and I think it's best if it does not interfere with the HOTOHR contest time window.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Well, this is the best time of year for a Year in Review contest! Of course, it normally runs for several months. I think it was longer than usual last year? What do people think, was the longer timeframe better? Should it be shorter to avoid overlapping with HotOHR? I think overlap doesn't really matter, since it's not a game making contest.

I haven't asked SDHawk again, but earlier he said that he probably wouldn't host it this year.

Who's interested in taking part? I would try to write at least a few reviews this time, but probably not aiming for all the games.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

I'd be up for it, and not just that time last year I said I'd do something and delivered nothing.
That said, was the last one longer or was it just that it appeared later? It was like three months IIRC.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

I'd also like to take part in the review contest. Hehe! :)

TMC, could you use your program -unfortunately I forgot it's name - to generate a list of all games from 2017, or show me how I can to do that?

The rules would be the more or less same as last year:
  • - The review needs to be posted on slime salad and linked in this thread. It has to have at least 3 paragraphs.
    - Games to review need to be findabel on Slimesalad or CastleParadox. If they are not and the Devs wish a review for their game, than they have to the provide a key or version of that game to the reviewing person.
We don't need prices, do we? Anything else?:???:

I would like the contest to end before march, I would like to focus on the HOTOHR, but it oithers want the contest to be longer it can be longer, it just should have a fixed end date. What would you suggest as end date?
Who is taking part?
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

I'll get the thread up in a few days or less.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Thank you! :D
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, nice. Top 5 voting is a good innovation to get people to think about and voice some sort of opinion about the games from last year.