Linux: hspeak - command not found [Etheldreme]

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

LieMurderProfit
Slime

Linux: hspeak - command not found [Etheldreme]

Post by LieMurderProfit »

I downloaded the x86 64 tarball, both custom and game run, but I can't compile scripts.

In custom I receive an error stating that hspeak is missing, and then it says hspeak is faulty.

I tried to run hspeak from the command line but received 'no such file or directory', both custom and game run from the command line (bash). I've also added the ohrrpgce dir to my path.

I'm using lbuntu on AMD 64

Any suggestions on what i can do to custom importing scripts again, I really need it as I have a lot of scripts. thanks.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Uh oh. I checked, and the x86_64 linux tarball does include hspeak... but it's compiled for x86, not x86_64! It was compiled with the wrong build of Euphoria.
I could upload an x86_64 build of hspeak as a temporary fix. (Edit: you can get it here and just replace the existing hspeak file with it.)

Confusingly, linux returns a plain "file not found" error if you try to run a file but one of its required libraries couldn't be found. You can run "ldd path/to/hspeak" to see more info (in this case, all of them will be missing, because you don't have a 32 bit system)
Last edited by TMC on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LieMurderProfit
Slime

Post by LieMurderProfit »

Thanks for that. I downloaded the hspeak build you linked to, I can now import scripts. :-D