Let's talk about a stable release: etheldreme

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

I got some more names:

Finnchaem (Cu Chulainn's aunt in Irish Mythology)
Fionnchad(h) (A figure mentioned once in Lady Gregory's Gods and Fighting Men, very obscure)
Fugutaiten (To be absolutely irreconcilable, Chinese/Japanese, used by one band and uh...nothing else)
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E4%B8%8 ... 4%E5%A4%A9
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Slime

Oh wait, that one begins with an S. Silly me. :kamina:
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

One last thing!

Incremental search. That should tame those over-long help pages!
Last edited by TMC on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Last last thing!

I decided to call the new wallmap drawing tool Draw instead of Line, and instead tweaked Draw and renamed it Stamp. This one is useful for both keyboard and mouse controls. You select a wall bit or "all" and then draw with it. Can use the mouse wheel, though I don't recommend it. Notice that I press H once, and then hold down Space to add or remove lines of Harm tiles. Someone should have thought of that earlier!
Last edited by TMC on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

....Fhtagn?

Making a few small touch ups here and there graphically to Vikings of Midgard. I don't have anything truly mind-blowing to show off (yet), but I figure if I at least make an attempt to do SOME work, the rest will follow in due time.

(EDIT) I wonder what would happen if I made all the character sprites use Walktall :v:
Attachments
Viking0001.png
Viking0001.png (20.83 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:(EDIT) I wonder what would happen if I made all the character sprites use Walktall :v:
Gosh dang it, tall walkabouts as a built-in feature has got to come sooner or later! You are twisting my arm, Fenrir ;P
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

yea... i think that should be built in too, considering how may people use that script these days.

support for other graphic sizes too please.

walk_huge.hss for the win!
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I see you've already installed suitably sized doors! That screenshot does look a lot better with the adding of shadows. And potted trees replace potted office plants!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Do those tree tiles change if(system day == 25 && system month == 12) ?
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Gosh dang it, tall walkabouts as a built-in feature has got to come sooner or later! You are twisting my arm, Fenrir ;P
If I were starting Vikings over from scratch, that's something I'd have done on day 1 :3 That, and non-tile based walking. But I hear rumors that those two things may be coming SOONâ„¢
Bob the Hamster wrote:Do those tree tiles change if(system day == 25 && system month == 12) ?
They REALLY should!
Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Actually, non-tile-based walking isn't something which I was planning to work on all that soon, although I think it deserves a high priority (and I know I said so recently). I don't know what James's plans are, though. He's been keeping quiet. :)
Last edited by TMC on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

One of my priorities getting mouse support finished in game, including any finishing touches to click-to-walk A-star pathfinding for heroes.

I haven't given a lot of though yet to how A-start pathfinding can be reconciled with pixel movement. You can't just treat your tile-size as 1-pixel, that would balloon the search space by 400x

One possibility might be to do the tile-based pathfinding as normal, but instead of just fetching the next step in the path, fetch the next 2 steps in the path

Then move pixelwise towards the second tile. If pixel-based walking and pixel-based wall collisions are implemented, then that should allow walker to go diagonally, and to make tight corners when their collision box is smaller than the map tile size.

Hopefully when built-in pixel-based wall collisions are finished, and when a-star pathfinding has a good scripting interface, somebody will test that theory for me and/or script a better method, that can later be implemented as a built-in option.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.