OHRRPGCE 20 Year Anniversary!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Most of the midi would be converted to ogg using timidity plus the best .sf2 soundfont I could get my hands on, but there were a couple songs that sounded better in the original bam format (I am thinking especially of Broaste's theme)
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I was just playing with VirtualMIDISynth and determined that the OPL3 soundfont is groovy as heck for certain Wandering Hamster tracks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jlx ... rkmoon.ogg
FyreWulff
Slime Knight

Post by FyreWulff »

Does anything emulate the "water crashing on a beach noise" correctly anymore? It absolutely murdered the wind track used in Jade because nothing after the DOS version emulated the attack/decay on that instrument correctly anymore. You could just hear the individual key presses I made in the BAM Piano program.
Bob the Hamster wrote:Most of the midi would be converted to ogg using timidity plus the best .sf2 soundfont I could get my hands on, but there were a couple songs that sounded better in the original bam format (I am thinking especially of Broaste's theme)
Yeah, a lot of the WH tracks have a lot better bass and clarity in the original BAM release.
Last edited by FyreWulff on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Nice! That is what I am talking about :) Thanks!
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I have OGG versions of a few classic BAMs. I was somewhere in the Bs in my conversion process when my old 98 machine died. I used a couple of these in Nathan's Halloween; the noise removal process wasn't perfect and I felt the small amount of scratchiness helped give them an eerie feel. I also used one or two in Weegee.RPG (specifically the VGA Bob the Hamster theme)
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!