Page 1, 2, 3, 4  »
Liquid Metal King Slime
Let's talk about a stable release: etheldreme 
 PostMon Nov 13, 2017 6:29 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
tmc and I plan to release the next stable release, etheldreme by the end of this month.

Could this be our first-ever on-time undelayed stable release? Your help might make the difference!

* I will announce a release candidate here soon. Maybe next week? Be ready to help by testing games with it.
And here is the release candidate! Pleast play and test:
Windows: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nightly/ohrrpgce-wip-default.zip
Mac: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nightly/OHRRPGCE-wip.dmg
Linux: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nightly/ohrrpgce-linux-wip-x86_64.tar.bz2

* If you know about a serious bug that you haven't reported, say something now!

* We can also use this thread to talk about ideas for the next stable release codename. It should start with the letter "F" and should be obscure and/or fun. tmc and I will pick our favorite f-name shortly before etheldreme releases.
Metal King Slime
Re: Let's talk about a stable release: etheldreme 
 PostTue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 am
High hopes!

We expect to declare the release candidate a week before release.

Bob the Hamster wrote:
* If you know about a serious bug that you haven't reported, say something now!

Or any bug, or inconvenience.
I get the feeling that I can change whatever I want, and noone will complain :)
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 1:27 pm
We should hide an Easter egg in some random menu and give a prize to the first person who finds it ;)
A Scrambled Egg
Re: Let's talk about a stable release: etheldreme 
 PostTue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm
Bob the Hamster wrote:
* We can also use this thread to talk about ideas for the next stable release codename. It should start with the letter "F" and should be obscure and/or fun. tmc and I will pick our favorite f-name shortly before etheldreme releases.

Frogmagog - This guy, but a giant frog https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogmagog_(giant)
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Slime Knight

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 6:13 pm
For the next release name, I'd like to suggest Fufluns, which is the name of an Etruscan deity similar to Dionysus.
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm
Dang! Fufluns is awesome! It's gonna take some good suggestions to top that one!

I'm not so sure about Frogamagog, but I really like Gogmagog (and variant spellings) as candidates for the g* release name (which should be 3-ish months after f* releases)
Liquid Metal Slime

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 pm
Quote:
Dang! Fufluns is awesome! It's gonna take some good suggestions to top that one!

Looks like MorpheusKitami might be 2 for 2. He suggested "etheldreme."

Maybe it's time to designate him the official engine namer: we can call him the "naming laureate." I don't know, just a thought. (Not really, but it's cool that he's got so many good naming ideas.)

I don't have any name suggestions at this time. I like the ones that are already made.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Metal Slime

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 pm
Viking0000.png
Oh god, we're coming full circle.
...Fimbulwinter?

I think I MIGHT be able to pull off one more major update to a certain project to close the book on it if I've got a few months for coding and bugfixing...

EDIT - On second thought, put me down for "Gleipnir". The list of camera goofups and text rewriting I'm going to have to do might take a while. Vikings REALLY hasn't aged as gracefully as I'd have hoped. It's certainly not up to what I'd consider my current level of standards anyhow.
Every day's a sale. Every sale a win.
Metal Slime

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 am
Wow, another stable release coming up already!? It still seems like Dwimmercrafty was just the other day...

I guess I'd gotten too used to the previous release schedule (or "schedule" I suppose you could say XD) if having new versions come out multiple times a year seems so much faster than usual. Poked around at the wiki and some of those WIP features mentioned sound pretty neat -- lots of new stuff going on in the battle system it seems, customizable accuracy formulas sound great!
Teekee -- Onboard the Big Humpty Star
FYS:AHS -- New demo released! Download it here!
Puckamon -- Not until the reserve party is expanded
Slime Knight

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 am
farrago -- "A collection containing a confused variety of miscellaneous things."
Chemical Slime

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 am
Flumbler Waffy., but as one word. An inversion of "Fluffy Wambler". Or Flumber Waffly perhaps
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 am
FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:
Poked around at the wiki and some of those WIP features mentioned sound pretty neat -- lots of new stuff going on in the battle system it seems, customizable accuracy formulas sound great!

Unfortunately the new accuracy stuff is not supported in the attack editor in nightly wip builds yet, so it will probably not be in etheldreme (unless I get really ambitious this week?)
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 5:15 pm
Here is a last minute addition that will be in the etheldreme stable release:

Enemy Appear Animations

This was surprisingly easier to implement than I expected. It turned out to be much simpler than just re-using a reverse version of the death dissolve handling, because the death dissolve has all kinds of extra special-cases for preventing targetting while a dead enemy dies, and none of that was needed for "Appear" animations.
Metal Slime

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 5:45 pm
Oh man, that is sweet.
A Scrambled Egg

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 6:18 pm
Totally love this!
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  »