.rpg_0.bak file corrupting my game.

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

maunderingcabal
Red Slime

.rpg_0.bak file corrupting my game.

Post by maunderingcabal »

I have noticed after my game .rpg file has grown pretty large the .bak file can get corrupted. if I hard exit out without saving it creates a .rpg_0.bak file. If I try to load the game in custom is gives me the error to backup my game and just exits out. I almost lost my mind because I thought I lost work. If this happens to you delete the .bak file and it should be good.
Here is my OHRRPGCE Development Page: https://startru.wordpress.com. Follow us on Twitter @startruckerdev
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I think you may be confused about something.
If you press alt-F4 or press the window X button repeatedly to force Custom to exit, then instead of overwriting your original .rpg file it saves it as a .rpg_#.bak file. It should not ever be corrupt, because saving the game in that way is completely identical to normal, but with a different filename. Unless there is some bug.
The existence of a .bak file does not affect Custom in any way, so deleting it should not be the answer to any problem.
maunderingcabal
Red Slime

Post by maunderingcabal »

TMC wrote:I think you may be confused about something.
If you press alt-F4 or press the window X button repeatedly to force Custom to exit, then instead of overwriting your original .rpg file it saves it as a .rpg_#.bak file. It should not ever be corrupt, because saving the game in that way is completely identical to normal, but with a different filename. Unless there is some bug.
The existence of a .bak file does not affect Custom in any way, so deleting it should not be the answer to any problem.
I'm baffled why I got this error that week. If it wasn't the .rpg.bak file I have no idea what it was... I don't have the problem any more.
Here is my OHRRPGCE Development Page: https://startru.wordpress.com. Follow us on Twitter @startruckerdev