Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy - Now available

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Hop: Dusto Bunny is the team's primary healer/motivational speaker, but he can throw his weight around when he needs to. The Hop ability flings Dusto into the air where he's safe from any enemy attacks and then drops him right on their heads.

Dirt Fling: Dusto's gonna put some dirt in your eye! Sling some mud into an unsuspecting enemy's face and stun them for a couple of turns. Here we see Dusto harassing a Muscle Mummy; you may notice that Dusto takes some damage here too. If you look at his health bar, you'll see he's been poisoned! The point is, be very careful when messing with mummies, even if you've got a pocketful of dirt.

Wobble: Dusto Bunny can heal his friends by shaking like a madman, breaking out dance moves the likes of which no one's seen before. Some of macho movements are so inspirational that they can even bring KO'd buddies back to their feet! This simple Wobble is his most basic, though. No raising the dead with this one.

Each Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy hero has a special ability that they can use outside of battle. Sometimes these are necessary to progress through the game, sometimes they open up optional areas to reward careful players who love to explore!

Robox here can hack into computers, taking players into a spooky world outside of reality. When Robox first joins the team, players will have to take him through a series of test chambers filled with hacking puzzles and broken down prototype robots. Don't die!

I've got plantains on the brain! This week in Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy we take a look at Pedro Plantain's niece, Penelope. She doesn't fight, but she serves a crucial role outside of battle: Crawling into small, spooky places too tiny for Pedro or the other heroes to explore. It would be a bad idea for them to even try, they'd end up like Winnie the Pooh. No time for clowning around like that, guys.
Once you send Penelope out to search, she may find cool new weapons and items or may unlock nearby doors. Always explore everywhere!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

This week's Kaiju Big Battel​: Fighto Fantasy combat spotlights focus on Pedro Plantain! He's not the heaviest damage dealer, but he's crafty! Able to debilitate foes, Pedro is a great friend to have in your corner.

Pablo: Years ago, Pedro's dear brother Pablo died a horrible, horrible death in the Kaiju ring. Pedro was understandably devastated, but when life gives you a zombie brother, you might as well put him to work. Pedro can summon the zombie Pablo to rush in and bite an enemy, inflicting them with a poison that drains health with each turn.

Distribute: Pedro's all about giving back to the people. While his friends are walloping their enemies, Pedro can heal their injuries at the expense of his own HP. Health is distributed equally among them and everyone benefits. It might hurt him a little in the short term, but the gain is universal!

Paco: Need someone punched in the brain? Call Paco Plantain. Pedro can summon his macho mustached uncle to deal major damage a single foe. While Pedro's skills are largely focused on support abilities, this one's a big damage dealer that can get you out of tough situations quickly.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Slo Feng takes things a little more leisurely than other heroes. All of his abilities take 1-3 turns to charge up, but when they hit, they land some serious damage! Using him successfully involves careful planning, with other heroes buffing up his strength while he's charging. For the convenience of these GIFs, his charge time is turned off.

Meatball: Hurl a heavily seasoned projectile! It takes a couple of turns to cook, but once it's ready this meaty delight will leave foes frowning.

Sparkle: A multi-part attack that also keeps Feng out of harm's way! Our hero jumps high above the battle field before throwing down a lightning bolt and finally crashing down on his opponent's head, hammer first. While he's in the air, Slo Feng cannot be damaged, even by attacks that otherwise hit the whole party.

Odin Strike
: Slo Feng uses his godlike strength to tear into every enemy on the battlefield simultaneously! In addition to damaging them, this attack reduces defensive power for all enemies that it hits. Perfect when used in combination with other high-damage heroes.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh wow, I'm so overdue with my praise.
Oh wow.

Great use of animated backdrops! Not to mention the graphics themselves, and these really interesting looking battles
(I've got to do something about the heroes appearing above that box at the top on jump/land moves.)
Also, fantastic take on the age-old computer hacking minigame.

Edit: finally managed to fix audio problems in my browser, now bandcamp works again. Love the music.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

High praise, thanks! The hacking stages have actually been a really nice break from the main game. They're not overly complicated puzzles, but they combine elements that I've improved on from both Horse Game and Ghost's Towns. I hope they're appropriately spooky!
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

The Wobbler wrote:Image
I'm getting a VERY big Neir:Automata vibe from those enemies! :D
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

They've definitely got their roots in the same sort of retro bubble head/wind up toy robot design, though I'm not sure who the original grandpa robot that inspired the look was!
Attachments
rob.jpg
rob.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Reminds me a little of the box robot from Yotsuba.

...but mostly of Sex Robot from the whitest kids you know.

Kaiju pre-dates them both by a good deal though.
Attachments
Sex-Robot-the-whitest-kids-u-know-18070670-320-240.gif
Sex-Robot-the-whitest-kids-u-know-18070670-320-240.gif (799.34 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
3944245611_c988eaa58c.jpg
3944245611_c988eaa58c.jpg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

There are some things darker than Dr. Cube in the world of Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy. In each of the game's zones are hidden encounters with a mysterious cult trying to revive something wicked. What could it be? How can they be stopped?

We want to make sure Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy is enjoyable by players of all skill levels, so we made sure to offer a variety of difficulty levels! Normal mode is fair but challenging, Easy mode is for people just here for the story and jokes, and Hard mode is for people looking for a more brutal experience. You can switch between Easy and Normal at any time, but be careful, once you select Hard mode you're in it for the long run!

ImageImageImage

And then, something SECRET.

I wonder what this Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy arcade cabinet could be for?! Like Kaiju themselves, it's a real mystery, isn't it?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Last edited by TMC on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I can talk about some stuff now, since Kaiju themselves announced this: https://twitter.com/KaijuBigBattel/stat ... 3785745409

They're going to have a booth and a fight night at Twitchcon October 20th in Los Angeles. I can't go, but they'll be showing off the game with some playable demo stations. That arcade machine won't be playable, it's just a fantastic prop, but I love it. We'll be publicly releasing the demo a couple of weeks after the event. It's about an hour and a half of content that's different from the full game; players will be able to try out most of the game's heroes and sample its different environments, instead of just playing the first hour of the actual game. Should be fun!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

That's beyond fantastic news.
Really sucks that you can't go.
I hope we can get some good video footage of the booth!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Very cool!

That isn't far from me, but unfortunately I can't go.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ah dang, too bad it's not playable; I would have thought it's a small step to go from mockup to actually connecting the buttons!

Wow, so this demo is getting released soon! Is this going to be the only demo before the full release? When that's looking to be?