HamsterSpeak #23 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak #23 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue23/cover.html

Our latest issue is online, complete with Game of the Year results, a horrifying Monsterology, and the continuation of Side Scrollers 101!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

As a side note, Monsterology is going to be in every other issue from now on. It's much easier on both Fenrir and myself this way and I feel like it helped my writing.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

No one has voted on the next SS101 topic. The article gives you these choices:
* Doors, levels, checkpoints, multiple lives. Want your game to expand past the first map? This topic will teach you how to transition from one map to another (and how to restart the current map).
* Powerups. Give your hero superpowers! This topic will show you how to create your own powerups to provide various effects.
* Projectiles. Fireballs and such. This topic will teach you how to give ranged attacks to hero and enemy alike.
* Advanced enemies. We have the groundwork for enemies now, having made a simple one. This topic will help you create more complicated enemies. If you want to see a specific kind of enemy, mention it with your vote.
You could be (read: probably will be) the deciding vote! Vote here! Vote now!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Mogri wrote: * Doors, levels, checkpoints, multiple lives. Want your game to expand past the first map? This topic will teach you how to transition from one map to another (and how to restart the current map).
* Powerups. Give your hero superpowers! This topic will show you how to create your own powerups to provide various effects.
* Projectiles. Fireballs and such. This topic will teach you how to give ranged attacks to hero and enemy alike.
* Advanced enemies. We have the groundwork for enemies now, having made a simple one. This topic will help you create more complicated enemies. If you want to see a specific kind of enemy, mention it with your vote.
I vote for them in 1, 4, 3, 2 order.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Meaning you want doors first?
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

I want to learn about projectiles! :v:
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'd like any except powerups, those were pretty easy.
Doing doors I have a problem where it seems to use some npcs when going into some doors. still dunno why.
I'd like to know how to stop projectiles on walls.
and I'd like to know your other enemy types.

so anything except powerups