Damage delay not showing up?

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TheMan
Red Slime

Damage delay not showing up?

Post by TheMan »

So I'm fairly new to this program, and was pretty excited to playlets my game. However, whenever I enter a battle, my hero takes an extremely long time to attack. So I looked at the wiki and there is supposed to be an option called "Delay Before Attack" (Under Damage Settings). It seems that I don't have this option (see pic). Does anybody know what the deal with this is?

I'm on OS X Yosemite if that means anything.

EDIT: Oh, i'm stupid. I somehow had set the delay turns before attack way up. Never mind.
Attachments
It normally should be under Damage Bitsets.
It normally should be under Damage Bitsets.
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 3.50.55 PM.png (19.36 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Last edited by TheMan on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Welcome!

That option was moved to the Appearance & Sounds submenu. Unfortunately, when something is changed in the engine, generally the tutorials and articles on the wiki aren't updated immediately (or ever...) - there are so many articles to update! So the menus often look pretty different to the screenshots, with things renamed, reordered, moved, or in some cases replaced. You'll just have to look around; probably it got moved to a more sensible place.
I see that the Battles article is missing lots of new settings.
On the other hand the F1 help pages are always up-to-date and quite complete, but they have fewer details and it's harder to search them.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.