OHR Multicart Compilation

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

kylekrack wrote:Hey! I saw the trailer. Looks pretty good. When I advertise to friends and such, is it better to send the itch.io link or the Game Jolt page? I was gonna do it randomly, but figured I should ask if there was a preference for any reason.
Doesn't matter. You can even have them come here if you want. Thanks for showing it off!
Foxley wrote:That trailer is pretty sweet. I'll send it around to some folks.
Very much appreciated!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yay! Congratulations on the release! Good work Willy, and everyone who contributed!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

1999: Megallennium is featured on the front page of GameJolt! I'm not sure how much of an accomplishment that is, but it still feels great. Congrats everyone!
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Holy slime, great work, dude.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

What an achievement, great work and congratulations.
vvight.wordpress.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I really want to play this on my OUYA. I want to see how my daughter reacts to it.

I know many of these games wouldn't play that well on an phone or Tablet (QQXXYY on a touch-dpad sounds like a nightmare) but hopefully not many changes would be needed to get this accepted on OUYA/Cortex, and even more importantly, Amazon FireTV.

Mostly I think it would just be a matter of spotting places that mention the ENTER or ESC keys, and providing alternative captions.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bob the Hamster wrote:I really want to play this on my OUYA. I want to see how my daughter reacts to it.

I know many of these games wouldn't play that well on an phone or Tablet (QQXXYY on a touch-dpad sounds like a nightmare) but hopefully not many changes would be needed to get this accepted on OUYA/Cortex, and even more importantly, Amazon FireTV.

Mostly I think it would just be a matter of spotting places that mention the ENTER or ESC keys, and providing alternative captions.
I'd never release it Android though. Too many pissed off people. A control pad for Owlbears would be cool.

The next step for me is a Mac port. I've got to experiment and see how the "run game" works when using game files in different folders. This might cause an error on Mac. A test is in order sometime soon!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I ran it in Wine on my Mac successfully.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh yes, I completely forgot about packaging a multi-rpg game on Mac. Ideally in the distribute game menu you could add a list of other .rpg files to include in the .app.

Edit: I'm not sure it'll work, but it looks like in the meantime you should be able to manually package a multi-rpg for mac by placing all the .rpg files in the GameName.app/Contents/Resources/ directory.

I also see that rungame won't work on any platform if the game is installed read-only. Need to fix that.

You shouldn't need wine, just use the native OHRRPGCE-Game to play it.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

TMC wrote:You shouldn't need wine, just use the native OHRRPGCE-Game to play it.
I was too lazy to go find it in my apps folder and just ran the exe instead
Ps. I love my wife
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

We got mentioned on IndieGames.com!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Willy Elektrix wrote:We got mentioned on IndieGames.com!
Wow, what kind words. Good to have positive press. Definitely deserving of it. Happy to hear it's getting out there.
Ps. I love my wife
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I like how the throwaway line "Pibi enjoys eating apples and mice" got turned into more of an interpretive character driving point for the game's "plot".
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb