(Beta Testing) 1999: Megallennium 6-in-1 Mega Cart

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Newbie Newtype wrote:We will have to change all of our plotscripts to run "../megallennium.rpg", which is kind of annoying.

EDIT: Uploaded Owlbears 17.05.12
Nothing a find all/replace couldn't fix.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I know how to do it, but extra busywork is extra busywork.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Newbie Newtype wrote:oof, bad timing because I'm about to upload a new version of Owlbears.
I'll do a quick update with the new Owlbears.
kylekrack wrote:Can't use "run game(../megallennium.rpg)"?
Oh, silly me. I'll probably change this on the next major update then.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Instead of having to change all games to run game ../megallenium.rpg you could put all the games including megallenium into the games folder

Then make an almost blank loader rpg file with title screen disabled and nothing it it except a new game script that does run game($0="games/megallenium.rpg")

Then no load game modifications are needed to any of the other games
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sounds like... it would be an intro!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Sounds like... it would be an intro!
Not a bad idea. Maybe I can work this out for the next version? I'd love put another version out very soon.

I've been recording footage for the trailer and I found a few bugs.

*In Star Dartle, after the 1st level, the "how many escaped numbers" are screwed up. See the screenshot.

*In Star Dartle, level 1-3 ends too soon. Add more time on the end of the level.

*In Xoo Xeno Xafari the outfit changing messages on the menu do not correspond to the right outfits.

*For some reason, I cannot use spacebar to select games on the game select screen. I can probably figure this out though.
Attachments
stardartle0000.png
stardartle0000.png (12.21 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Just recorded an "all clear" replay of Ultra Frontier. I'm looking forward to uploading that to YouTue.

:D

I noticed a weird bug where the music stutters during playback on the last level. That's never happened before, so I'm going to chalk it up to using an old laptop.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Be interested to see that. I haven't had time to make any highscore attempts lately, but will.

Video encoding is pretty CPU intensive, so that's probably the case.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Be interested to see that. I haven't had time to make any highscore attempts lately, but will.

Video encoding is pretty CPU intensive, so that's probably the case.
Ultra Frontier is (barely) destroyed by me.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMIHZl4yhEw

The stuttering music is kind of weird. I was actually running the HDMI video output of my laptop into an external video recorder. I wasn't using recording software. It only occurs on level 24, and there is no loss of frame rate anywhere else.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Impressive!

External hardware? Huh, interesting. I can see some ghost due to it.

That stuttering is really odd. Especially since I assume the last level is not really any different to the others. So you've seen it at least twice now?
When you say " no loss of frame rate anywhere else", do you mean that the framerate drops on the last level? I don't notice it. (And of course, I've never gotten near the last level myself)
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:External hardware? Huh, interesting. I can see some ghost due to it.

That stuttering is really odd. Especially since I assume the last level is not really any different to the others. So you've seen it at least twice now?

When you say " no loss of frame rate anywhere else", do you mean that the framerate drops on the last level? I don't notice it. (And of course, I've never gotten near the last level myself)
The ghosting is probably caused by the fact that video is 29.97 FPS and game runs at 60 FPS.

I've only encountered the stuttering one time (the time I recorded that video). I've made it to the final level many times. That's why I'm not really worried about it.

The last level stalls right before I die at a few points. That's what I mean by "reduced frame rate". For instance, I hit a wall and then the dying animating stalls for a 1/2 second or so. See 20:25 for an example in the video.

I wouldn't go crazy trying to figure this out. It's never been an issue in the dozens of hours I've spent playing the game.

Concerning the external hardware: I work at an audiovisual company, so I have access to lots of video gear. I ran out of my PC laptop via its HDMI input an Aja Kipro (that's the brand and model). This is essentially a portable recorder that records onto its own proprietary drive. I ran the audio and video both through HDMI directly into the recorder. Activating the HDMI output on the laptop probably does use a minimal amount of the laptop's resources, but I suspect not that much.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Could just be a pause due to accessing the harddisk or something like that. There are plenty of pauses when I try to watch that or any other video on my computer (graphics driver problem, I think)

Also, I see you uploaded the trailer! (I don't think you posted it on the forums yet, or did I miss it?) It's well done. The video doesn't give any hint that the trailer is fictional, though. Especially what with all the NES shots. Hope that doesn't disappoint people. I don't know what kind of hint I'm imagining...
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Also, I see you uploaded the trailer! (I don't think you posted it on the forums yet, or did I miss it?) It's well done. The video doesn't give any hint that the trailer is fictional, though. Especially what with all the NES shots. Hope that doesn't disappoint people. I don't know what kind of hint I'm imagining...
You might be right. I'm going to leave it for now and see what kind of negative reactions I get. If the response is unfavorable, I might add in a few clues.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »