Review for Blackeagel

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

marionline
Metal Slime

Review for Blackeagel

Post by marionline »

**Infos**
The game Blackeagle by MorpheusKitami was released in 2016.
I did not have high expectations from what I read from the game's description, but even these were undermined.

**Plot**
The intro is a dialogue between the "heros" lamenting about values, nation and betrayal of ideals. I, as non-native-speaker, could not really tell, if it was irony, irony due to the context of the game or non-sense or a non ironic text. :???:
President Christ was almost shoot, the "heros" try to save him and go the the president's hotel. After threatening the person working there and shooting the resistance, they are attacked by a guy called cardinal, who, after the fight, takes the hero on a time travel. After a short talk, they join sides and explore a bizarre, unfinished landscape. They also meet a woman called Redhawk, who tends to shout rather than talk normally and joins their team. The three of them battle through a landscape full of many bizarre enemies.

**Bravo! Great Design!**
I really liked ...
  • - when the playing this for the review was over
**Things that could be improved:**
  • - the graphics
    - - the tiles! Really, they look squarish (like squares)!
    - - the is an unfinished map
    - the battle design
    - - no running from battles (= annoying)
    - - many attacks that do the same
    - - battles take a long time
    - - you seem to gain exp after every fight to get a level up
    - the game design
    - - sounds in battle are annoying
    - - why make such long ways to walk?
Overall Impression:
I did not like the game at all. The dialogue where one of the "heros" threatens the person working at the hotel counter, that's where the game crossed the line from strange and off-key to disgusting and distasteful (had to look up that word in a dictionary). It's the second scene, by the way. Later, the game also gets bizarre and wired. The player's team of battles sprites is nicely drawn, but the enemies look like someone practice drawing graphics. There's a mostly empty map. Many attacks to the same.
The game might be created with the intention to be full of irony or funny, but -unless I missed a point somewhere - it is shows jokes, that are not funny. Also it feels unfinished and needs better drawings and battle design and a better plot.

It is MorpheusKitami first game, so this review might be to harsh. Still, I do not recommend this game.
I am sure MorpheusKitami can make better games.
Attachments
Battle Scene
Battle Scene
blakeagl0053.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
many attacks - that mostly do the same or few damage
many attacks - that mostly do the same or few damage
blakeagl0047.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Otherwise they just feed them to dogs alive, or what?
Otherwise they just feed them to dogs alive, or what?
blakeagl0014.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Last edited by marionline on Mon May 22, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.