Window/Full Screen issues with "run game"

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Window/Full Screen issues with "run game"

Post by Willy Elektrix »

The multi-cart main menu opens to full screen by default. Each of the games also opens to full screen. However, if I select the "window" option within a game after it is loaded with full, the game doesn't actually window. Instead, it is still full screen, but the game images shrinks down and occupies only a corner of the screen. See attached screenshot.

Any clue what to do about it?
Attachments
drmoon0002.png
drmoon0002.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 582 times
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I'm aware that there are problems with "run game" and fullscreen, but I've never seen anything like that. It only happens when you start from the menu, running in fullscreen, then start a game (any?), and then switch to windowed; not when you start the game directly? No problem for me. Which OS are you using?
Last edited by TMC on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I had this problem too when I tested the multicart (Windows Vista, dunno what .dll. Whatever the multicart gamelisting used.)
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:I'm aware that there are problems with "run game" and fullscreen, but I've never seen anything like that. It only happens when you start from the menu, running in fullscreen, then start a game (any?), and then switch to windowed; not when you start the game directly? No problem for me. Which OS are you using?
Step 1) Open the game select menu (run megallennium.prg).

Step 2) Open any game. For instance, choose Dr. Moonlight.

Step 3) On Dr. Moonlight's menu, put the game in windowed mode.

Step 4) Quit Dr. Moonlight to return to game select menu.

Step 5) Select Dr. Moonlight again. It will not run in that weird half-windowed mode (described previously).

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.