Vikings of Midgard - How to beat Cthulhu?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Sarevok
Slime

Vikings of Midgard - How to beat Cthulhu?

Post by Sarevok »

Hi,

my question is as the topic states "How to beat the boss Cthulhu in Vikings of Midgard"?

In my playthrough Kitt is level 23, stats [evasion69,magic37,wisdom95,speed19,vigor10 (I have 16 vigor items),soul0] and has the following equipment:

sword: bravery
helmet: noh
armor: survival
shield: christal
accessoir: meteor

His resistances are generally very high, e.g. his darkness and death resistance are 75% and still he gets killed by cthulhu every time the boss uses the instant death spell. Unfortunately you have to fight this boss with only this one character. How do you solve this problem? Does Kitt have to be a higher level or do I need other equipment?

Furthermore it would be nice to know what the different stats are exactly for, especially soul and vigor.
Last edited by Sarevok on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Whoa, it's been a LONG time since I've booted up Vikings, and not once has anybody ever gotten to Cthulhu with JUST Kitt. Your stats seem about right for that part of the game, and your equipment seems to be about the best for what can be gotten at that point too. I'll get back to you once I figure out exactly what went wrong - my first thoughts are that somehow you must have encountered some sort of bug, or it's possible some scene hasn't properly triggered.

*Soul* is an MP cost/efficiency stat. Equipment that raises Soul reduce the amount of MP your spells use.

*Vigor* is basically a stat that's tied to moves (and items!) that do a consistent amount of damage or healing. Things like Frumpy's Blessing ability can grow stronger the higher his vigor stat is, and restorative items used by characters with higher Vigor will have a more potent effect.

[EDIT] Have you used the ->TEAM menu yet?
Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.