Improving the Android build environment

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

What is your game in there
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Cool! Yes, I think you're the first; seems like TacoBot didn't put up his game, at least not on Google Play.

Does anybody know of any OHR games on Google Play that don't appear when you search for OHRRPGCE?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Devs Like Waffles
Don't Eat Soap (and also the Chinese version)
Surfasaurus
Ghosts Towns
Macabre
Slimeomancy
Sword of Jade

There were also a few others that used to be there, which I can't find anymore like:

Halalapszichiatrian
Universal Wars Saga
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Thanks; I forgot that you would know. You've been busy!

I actually can't find Macabre either.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Meatballsub might have taken it down off Google Play after it got released on Steam, but I am not certain.
roboman
Red Slime

Post by roboman »

I think I found them all, with the help of ohrrpgce keyword. My titles are Halalapszichiatrian, which was ported by James for me, and what I've upload is Sokkolo, a remix of Anica, with the permission of the author. These games are need to have some renovation, and English translation, too. Maybe I spent more time on Twine games, and a little rpg maker mv demo, even an adrift game, but my favorites are OHRRPGCE and Twine. I quit my job to study software engineering, and to live to my hobby: playing games created by these editors, and sometimes making them. So my Andoid games are fairly amateurish, and written in Hungarian. Interesting, that almost all of my games are available in English, except OHR games. The main reason for that, I thought, they werent reach the ohr community's games' quality, but after the exams i'll work on them I promise, and upload the English versions to Slimesalad.

Anyways, here in my country nobody cares about these games, except me, so a bit hard... there were an rpg maker community, but it died. RIP.
Last edited by roboman on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Strange, I can't find it even when I search for the exact name, "Halál a pszichiátrián". To find it you have to ue Google instead of Google [Play]. Ironic. Also, searching for "O.H.R.RPG.C.E" doesn't find your game although you wrote that in the description.

The game looks a bit surreal.
But if you just upload games to the Play store will they find an audience? Probably you need a site with some visibility who will recommend them...
roboman
Red Slime

Post by roboman »

Maybe the locality is set to Hungary, that's why you can't see in the list. Anyway, the desktop version of the game reached a far much bigger audience. I have a website, rather a blog, which is inconnection with a local electronic medium, where I approach very often. My writings are very popular amongst editors, i won editor's prize last year with some cash. Back to the topic: the Android version is less popular, becasue i haven't advertised it that much yet, and maybe people prefer the desktop version to the Android, and I don't know, why. Maybe i will advertise more the Android version, maybe not. The game is somewhat a symbol of Hungarian antipsichatry, psichiatry is mentioned in every game of mine have done yet. Halál a pszichiátrián (means Death in the psych ward) reached approximetly 700 dowloads, which is numerous in such a little country, like ours. (We had a larger country until the 2nd world war, lol.)