Town & Nature tilesets (4 seasons + 2 daytimes)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

MirceaKitsune
Red Slime

Town & Nature tilesets (4 seasons + 2 daytimes)

Post by MirceaKitsune »

Another remix of the tilesets from Vikings of Midgard, which I created for use in my own games but decided to share early for other game developers. I've basically condensed everything needed to make towns and outdoor environments into a single tileset, which comes into 8 different variants based on season and daytime: (spring + summer + autumn + winter) * (daytime + nighttime). Included are also matching tilesets for caves, indoors, and another one that's not really relevant but I made it with the bunch so why not.

As always, each tileset is interchangeable with every other of its type, allowing scripts to change tilesets or the use of identical maps in order to swap season and daytime on the run! They use the master palette of Vikings, as I didn't feel like converting them to mine for now. Needless to say, all tilesets here are licensed under the Public Domain like the originals.

Since I had issues editing the wiki last time I tried, feel free to download these and re-post them on there. They may be subject to updates in the future, but for now I plan to leave them as they are. To be used with the Vikings of Midgard backdrops, which can be found on the free backdrops page. Enjoy and let me know what you think :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Cool, thanks for the donation! Having different seasons goes well beyond just a day-night system.
What was the problem you had with uploading to the wiki last time?
If I have time and noone else does it, I could eventually upload these to the wiki. Hopefully someone else sets up.. I still haven't uploaded the screenshots with examples of Fnrrf's free graphics from months ago, which I've been meaning to do!
MirceaKitsune
Red Slime

Post by MirceaKitsune »

TMC wrote:Cool, thanks for the donation! Having different seasons goes well beyond just a day-night system.
What was the problem you had with uploading to the wiki last time?
If I have time and noone else does it, I could eventually upload these to the wiki. Hopefully someone else sets up.. I still haven't uploaded the screenshots with examples of Fnrrf's free graphics from months ago, which I've been meaning to do!
Thanks, glad you like! I was referring to that problem from many weeks ago, when I got errors whenever I tried to edit the wiki... it was a thing about the spam list, don't remember if it was fully solved.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, yes, it took a little while, but that is now fixed.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MirceaKitsune
Red Slime

Post by MirceaKitsune »

Heads up: The graphics are now also available on OpenGameArt!

http://opengameart.org/content/town-nat ... 2-daytimes