Virtual game pad disappear after entering name for hero

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

areleg
Slime

Virtual game pad disappear after entering name for hero

Post by areleg »

Hi

Running Android game.exe.
I enabled automatic display of the virtual game pad on start, but it disappears when I enter the name for the hero.
Even after I display it on map load.
I also see this on other games where you enter a name.
Is this a bug?
Thanks
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hello!

What is the version number of the Android ohrrpgce game player that you are using?

I just fixed a bug similar to this last monday-- but the bug I fixed should have only affected the plotscripting command "input string with virtual keyboard" it should not have affected renaming heroes.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ooh! I am glad you mentioned this.

I just went and tested, and I was able to reproduce this bug.

I have fixed it in the latest nightly build of the Android version http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nig ... -debug.apk

The reason this went unnoticed before now is that if the renameable hero was added to the party as part of a chain of textboxes, then the subsequent textboxes would re-enable the virtual gamepad.

In your game, I'll bet there is no text box being displayed right after the hero is renamed, thus you discovered the bug.

Thank you for reporting it.
areleg
Slime

Post by areleg »

Thank you Bob! :)
Correct , there was no text box right after the name change because it's the first hero.