OHR Multicart Compilation

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I made an Action 52 font but I want to see if anybody is interested before I put up a game entry for it.

It is surprisingly not that bad after fixing some of the errors and changing a few characters for better clarity (example provided). Ironically the shading they added to the font in the original game is what hurts the font the most. While copying over this font, it felt like I was just making things up as I was modifying the default DOS font, which I suspect the Action 52 devs had done.

My own game will be using a heavily modified version of this font (not seen here)
Attachments
exampletext.png
exampletext.png (6.87 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Last edited by Newbie Newtype on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Everyone should have to use this font, except for one game with bad engrish which inexplicably uses courier sans.
Last edited by guo on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
vvight.wordpress.com
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

While copying over this font, it felt like I was just making things up as I was modifying the default DOS font, which I suspect the Action 52 devs had done.
I just did some research and I think now it's more likely that the Action 52 font is a modified Amiga font (development was done on Amiga 500).

http://www.pickafont.com/images/fonts/l ... er.ttf.png - it looks like they could have easily just chipped away pixels and thickened some areas that need highlights to hastily stylize it (and would be a way to make the remaining lower case set, too)
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

THE HAMSTERMEN RAN OFF . . . .
. . . . AND NOW . . . .
THE HAMSTERMEN
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I went ahead and uploaded the font in the games section.

Also, courier sans from what I can tell is just the default font but with a couple of letters that are different.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

MorpheusKitami wrote:If it's not too late to join this, I'd like make a submission of my own. I was thinking about making what would be a game show set in a haunted house where you'd run around the house looking for objects to defeat the monsters with. Think kind of like The Monster Squad meets The Running Man.
It is definitely not too late! The deadline for all of the submissions is March 1st. There is still plenty of time (but don't use that as a reason to procrastinate).

Your premise is promising. I'm not sure what kind of game it will actually be though. RPG? Adventure? Puzzle game? Action game? Maze game?

Get to work and show us of your progress!

Monster Squad and The Running Man are great movies too.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

OK, I've got 49 sound effects so far. It's been pretty fun experimenting with Famitracker, never really used it before. I figure I'll just release this, and if I do more later I'll make it like a Volume 2 sort of thing.

Again, feel free to use them in your OHR Multicart game, or any game, and feel free to modify and tweak the Audacity project file as you see fit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7ak ... y%20SFX.7z
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

Willy Elektrix wrote:
MorpheusKitami wrote:If it's not too late to join this, I'd like make a submission of my own. I was thinking about making what would be a game show set in a haunted house where you'd run around the house looking for objects to defeat the monsters with. Think kind of like The Monster Squad meets The Running Man.
It is definitely not too late! The deadline for all of the submissions is March 1st. There is still plenty of time (but don't use that as a reason to procrastinate).

Your premise is promising. I'm not sure what kind of game it will actually be though. RPG? Adventure? Puzzle game? Action game? Maze game?

Get to work and show us of your progress!

Monster Squad and The Running Man are great movies too.
Good, good, I'll get started on it right away then.

The idea I've having is that you go around the house collecting objects to defeat the 8 or so monsters running after you in the house. Whenever one of them catches up to you, there would be a fight as per the usual RPG style, but if you won the fight you'd only get cash and prizes, not any experience. So action strategy I guess?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

guo wrote:Everyone should have to use this font, except for one game with bad engrish which inexplicably uses courier sans.
Courier is my go-to font for non-game purposes, but for now I've got the OHR default font in Trytuges.

I could certainly switch to Action 52 and redraw my item icons again, since most of those were still the default anyway.
Attachments
The weakest cleric spells are 100% HP restore to a single ally, single-target never-miss disrupt undead, and a stat restore ability that uses chaining to skip over anything that has a net buff on it. They go up from there.
The weakest cleric spells are 100% HP restore to a single ally, single-target never-miss disrupt undead, and a stat restore ability that uses chaining to skip over anything that has a net buff on it. They go up from there.
Trytuges0045.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Why would a werewolf have three pumpkins on its team?
Why would a werewolf have three pumpkins on its team?
Trytuges0043.png (10.24 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Just added the sound effects pack to the gamelist.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Foxley wrote:Just added the sound effects pack to the gamelist.
Wow these sound really good, and useful too! I like all of the little blips and whatnot, that sound like they're made for menu navigation and the likes.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Thanks, glad you like them. I'll probably keep working on more pretty soon, after I get a playable pre-alpha build of this game done. Which I'm pretty close to doing.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Well I got started on the castle. I was planning on just making an indoors version of the castle but I wound up having a lot of fun making a courtyard, moat, etc. so I'm going to have to make a second map for the castle's interior.
Attachments
I didn't even know what the door limit was until I made this map.
I didn't even know what the door limit was until I made this map.
Trytuges0046.png (11.72 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Foxley wrote:Thanks, glad you like them. I'll probably keep working on more pretty soon, after I get a playable pre-alpha build of this game done. Which I'm pretty close to ding.
I'll definitely be using some of these on my game. A huge thank you for this!
kylekrack wrote:Wow these sound really good, and useful too! I like all of the little blips and whatnot, that sound like they're made for menu navigation and the likes.
If we find out that you and I used the exact same sound effects for our games, I'll change mine.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Willy Elektrix wrote:If we find out that you and I used the exact same sound effects for our games, I'll change mine.
Hahaha I'm anticipating that you'll get around to adding sound before I do. I'm in the midst of finals right now. Haven't had a bit of time to work on my addition. I still have a lot of engine work to get going before I think about graphics and sound. I haven't even started implementing the actual battle system yet, just movement.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife