Minecraft Thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh, awesome! You found a Mending enchantment already? That is arguably the best enchantment in the game.

Anything enchanted with Mending will be slightly repaired each time you pick up experience.

From reading the Reddit, most people seem to covet Mending especially for Eltrya (hang gliders) since they are so hard to get, and break after 7 minutes of flight.

Oh, yeah, and those Skeletal horses can occasionally show up anytime there is a thunderstorm. Apparently if you can successfully kill the Mounted Skeletal Archers that spring up around them, you can tame and ride the original Skeletal Horse (making them actually easier to find than normal horses)
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Roughly a third of the enchanted bows and fishing rods I've pulled out of the water have had mending attached. I've pulled up about 8 books and one of them had mending too. So if you're looking for something like that, get a few rods and go fish!

I've got Luck of the Sea 2 right now (But this rod has been with me for a long time so getting it to Luck of the Sea 3 is going to take a TON of levels) which helps a lot, and god, Mending *IS* the best in the game. I had been working on a Super Rod in earlier versions, but quit because it was stupid to waste time on something that'd just get too expensive to repair and Rods are ridiculously fragile to start with. Now I've got a bit more incentive to hang onto it.

And if I could get a pick with that stuff on it, good night! Could mine damn near forever.

EDIT: Oh and if anyone needs bows to fight the Ender Dragon, I can probably hook a player up.
Last edited by Gizmog on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Oh.

Oh Lord in heaven.

Shower me in thy glorious rays of joy.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

The next version also has a special (difficult to get) type of treasure box, that can be PUT INSIDE OTHER TREASURE BOXES

Also, <a href="https://imgur.com/Nx3apZr">these guys</a>
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

That doesn't look cuddly at all!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Caravans! But can you lead a caravan through a nether portal?
Gizmog wrote:Naw, I don't have any mods installed. But there's a console command that shows more details about your inventory, the most important bit being that it shows how much durability is left as a number rather than an easy to misjudge bar.
I've never seen this durability bar, and most of the rest of this sounds like a different game to the one I played. I've been minecraft-clean for years.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I only get hooked again when it's time for me to start working on a game. Fishing is so much better than drawing, or programing, or music making or.. or anything, basically. And you never have to touch a worm!

The durability bar pops up I think when you hit F3+H to enable "Advanced Tooltips" or some slime. I got really tired of guessing when it was time to repair my picks. And yeah, a whole hell of a lot's changed since way back when.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Very nice!

I am currently way the heck out in the deep reaches of The End trying to find an Eltrya, and I miss Wallachia!
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Supposedly maps work in The End now. That oughta make it a little easier to find something. I don't envy you though, that place is SPOOKY.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Double posting for screenshots! I've mostly been continuing my life as a fisherman in the far far south, but I did visit Wallachia to take MasterK more redstone for his beautification/rewiring. There were noisemakers up there that were driving him nuts, and I hope he never found them.
Attachments
Whoever planted the noisemaker(s?) in Wallachia, kudos!
Whoever planted the noisemaker(s?) in Wallachia, kudos!
2016-12-04_01.30.19.png (130.87 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
Since the update, fish (that I've fished) keep getting stuck in the side of my boat.
Since the update, fish (that I've fished) keep getting stuck in the side of my boat.
2016-12-04_00.12.22.png (162.8 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
I like my boat.
I like my boat.
2016-12-04_00.02.02.png (163.51 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
Even more room for fish in the hold
Even more room for fish in the hold
2016-12-04_00.10.56.png (67.18 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
Last edited by Gizmog on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Can confirm, noisemaker drove me nuts

Never did found it, going to sleep pissed off
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Club Redstone is one big noisemaker, but only if a chicken or something gets inside-- but maybe you mean some other noisemaker that was added after the last time I visited Wallachia

And yes, The End maps are awesome :)
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

FOUND IT

I managed to track down the source of the noisemaker to Bespoke Squids and Sons. I could hear a zombie and some pressure plates going off in sync with the damn doots. So I started digging, and digging frantically, and I found it.

A small chamber, with the noisemakers, a zombie wandering around, and two pressure plates.

I'm so happy
Attachments
GODDAMN
GODDAMN
2016-12-04_13.08.42.png (750.87 KiB) Viewed 2254 times