Preventing add hero() From Changing Walkabout Sprite

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Preventing add hero() From Changing Walkabout Sprite

Post by kylekrack »

I have an overworld map that changes my hero's walkabout sprite to a smaller version. I used replace walkabout sprite on the overworld's autorun to do this, and I notice that adding a hero causes the walkabout sprite to revert to the default. The same hero is still the leader of the party, and caterpillar mode is disabled. Is there a simple way to prevent this from happening?

Furthermore, is using replace walkabout sprite on a map's autorun script the most effective way of temporarily altering the leader's walkabout sprite? I do not plan on allowing the player to change the order of the heroes in the party, if that makes a difference.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

You could re-apply the "replace walkabout sprite" command again right after the "add hero"

But what I think would be easiest is to use the "set hero picture" command. It is not slice based, and is specifically for changing hero picture in a way that persists until you do "set hero picture" again to change it back.

http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/doc ... eropicture
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Oh, that's much easier. That totally slipped my mind. Although at this point I've already worked out all the issues, so it may not be worth going back and changing it all. I'll have to remember that one though, for some reason I always forget it exists.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife