Problem with Choices

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Problem with Choices

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

So in this one part there's a yes or no thing happening right and i've looked at the wiki and stuff for all of that but everytime I think i've got it one of two things happens: Either if I say yes or no it doesn't go to the next text box and just ends the dialogue , or no matter which answer i pick i say it just goes through the no dialogue branch. I don't know what im doing wrong?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

What you do is set it to always go to the next box, then make "Display [other box] instead" a conditional that box checks for. Wasn't intuitive to me at first, either.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Nathan Karr wrote:What you do is set it to always go to the next box, then make "Display [other box] instead" a conditional that box checks for. Wasn't intuitive to me at first, either.
So I fiddled around and I kind of got it to work except the Yes option leads to the "No dialogue branch" while the No option leads to vice versa. and when i tried to reverse it only leads to the no option. Ill attach the tags and conditionals and stuff I have.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.35 PM.png (21.7 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.56 PM.png (10.9 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 3.27.47 PM.png (11.73 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

So, box 41 is the "yes" box and box 39 is the "no" box? If not, that'd be your problem.
Last edited by Taco Bot on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my iPhone
TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Taco Bot wrote:So, box 41 is the "yes" box and box 39 is the "no" box? If not, that'd be your problem.
they are
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

TabletopTimeTurner wrote:
Nathan Karr wrote:What you do is set it to always go to the next box, then make "Display [other box] instead" a conditional that box checks for. Wasn't intuitive to me at first, either.
So I fiddled around and I kind of got it to work except the Yes option leads to the "No dialogue branch" while the No option leads to vice versa. and when i tried to reverse it only leads to the no option. Ill attach the tags and conditionals and stuff I have.
I don't understand the problem but it sounds you could solve it by typing the "no text" into the "yes text box" and visa versa so the correct dialogue ends up getting displayed.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

sheamkennedy wrote:
TabletopTimeTurner wrote:
I don't understand the problem but it sounds you could solve it by typing the "no text" into the "yes text box" and visa versa so the correct dialogue ends up getting displayed.

Yeah I checked the wiki again and tried swapping the text box it uses instead and the normal one and it worked it's all good now