OHRRPGCE stable release (callipygous)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ah, interesting! You definitely found a bug! -- but it is not quite the bug I was expecting.

It actually has nothing to do with whether or not an rpg file has been opened in a recent version or not. That was a red herring. Those two files you send me were actually identical, right down to the last byte.

The bug seems to be that after you have played an rpg file, then exited to the file-picker menu, then picked another game, the other game will always have no control overlay. The first one you try will work, the second one you try will fail.

I am sure I can fix this, and I will make sure that the fix is included in the callipygous+1 bugfix release.

As a temporary workaround, you will have to kill the app and start it fresh each time you exit to the file select menu.

EDIT: by the way, I love those sprites and maptiles! :)

EDIT: fixed in the source, thanks for reporting it! We have to fix a few more bugs before the bugfix release comes out, but I'll post here when it does.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Ah, interesting! You definitely found a bug! -- but it is not quite the bug I was expecting.

It actually has nothing to do with whether or not an rpg file has been opened in a recent version or not. That was a red herring. Those two files you send me were actually identical, right down to the last byte.

The bug seems to be that after you have played an rpg file, then exited to the file-picker menu, then picked another game, the other game will always have no control overlay. The first one you try will work, the second one you try will fail.

I am sure I can fix this, and I will make sure that the fix is included in the callipygous+1 bugfix release.

As a temporary workaround, you will have to kill the app and start it fresh each time you exit to the file select menu.

EDIT: by the way, I love those sprites and maptiles! :)

EDIT: fixed in the source, thanks for reporting it! We have to fix a few more bugs before the bugfix release comes out, but I'll post here when it does.
Ha, glad I could be of help :v:

and thanks! Maybe someday I'll actually share something with the community.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The <a href="http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce ... lipygous+1 release is now available.</a> TMC fixed some bugs, especially problems on Mac.

If you are using callipygous, you definitely want to download this

(if you are already using a post-callipygous nightly wip build, then don't download this, it would be an incompatible downgrade for you)
Matokage
Slime Knight

Post by Matokage »

I'm wondering why this topic isn't in the front page and isn't in the announcements section of the main site. I thought it was something important to be announced, you know.
"I can't buy food with glory"