CAMPAIGN: The Unburning (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

When the kobold reappears from his disappearance, Normin goes, "Ah, there you are. I was beginning to think the guards took you for a rat. We're on a steady pace, but I would like to clear this passing so I may safely view the provided texts."

Whenever Normin finds an opportunity, he'll glance at the brochure given to give a quick survey of its instructions in advance before he'll need to put more time into properly understanding it.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

"Erk, ssssorry. Rasvim got a little sidetracked... Rasvim too would like to look at insssssstructions."
Sent from my iPhone
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Once he has an opportunity to preview the contents of the pamphlet as they walk, he awes, "Oh my.. this is not an ordinary scroll. It will not take me long to absorb the spell knowledge," An instance where he means absorb in a more literal sense, based on what the writing can do, "Then I'll pass it to you."

EDIT: Curious about the nature of the pamphlet, he will cast detect magic on it.
Last edited by Newbie Newtype on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Normin detects that while the paper and the ink are both bog-standard mundane materials, the content of the text does glow with a faint aura of Divination magic.

As he thumbs through the pages, he notices that in a few places where the text references the names of some foreign gods (presumably Srappan sea-gods?) the magical field seems a little suppressed.

A handful of the advertisements in the margins also have a very weak hint of Enchantment school of magic, but that isn't unusual. Advertisers try that same cheap trick right here in Great Bakak too. Normin has read a newspaper before.

Arcadia

Arcadia catches sight of the others far ahead down the street. It looks as if they have gotten held up while Kailyn chats up a street vendor.

Sharn

As Sharn hurries back into more populated streets, she notices the noble-woman Arcadia, walking in the distance. She doesn't see any of the others
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"Oh good there you are. I guess we're a group. What was your name again?" said Sharn addressing Arcadia.
I was here the whole time, Sharn told herself. No one can prove otherwise.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Normin ponders the divination aspect of the text. It must be some kind of reverse read magic spell which imparts arcane knowledge, barring the names of the unknown gods, to the reader regardless of their aptitude. "I suspect the spell as described by this booklet is not divine in nature like normal," he suggests, "but it will be easier to find out once the spell is known to me."
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Well, seems like we've got everyone together. He scratches his head and looks off into the distance toward the direction of the factory. Find anything interesting on that pamphlet? He asks Normin noticing he has finished observing it.
Working as intended!
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

"The writing is imbued with divination," he explains, "it is a brand of magic used to probe minds and see the unseen."
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Cece offers small talk to the other(s?) whose name(s?) she didn't catch yet. "Nice weather, 'eh? Um... nice people?" She gestures around at the busy street, accidentally settling on someone taking a pee. "Ehh.. eef we 'ad 'eem, we would no need bucket." . She glares back at Kailyn. "Thees ees all hees fault"
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

"Interesting." Ebald replies. He adjusts his large cloak and keeps walking.
Working as intended!
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Petrol seems impressed with Normin's investigations. "You seem to be very knowledgable about magic. By any chance, could you check if there's anything interesting about this helmet?" He knocks on the red helmet that was now resting on his head.
Last edited by RMSephy on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

He'll take another ten minutes to ritual cast identify on that too.
Last edited by Newbie Newtype on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The enchantment that Big Hat Normin identifies on the helmet is simple and straight-forward compared to the mysterious mismatch of the pamphlet. It seems to draw other people's attention and cause your words to sound more credible when shouting.
DM wrote:Confers advantage to persuasion checks if the player is shouting (once per NPC per day)
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

He hands it back, "It makes you look like you know what you are talking about. Well, how about that?"
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

Rasvim looks very irked. "Well, helmet didn't ssssseem to work earlier for Rasvim..." He mumbles something and keeps walking.
Sent from my iPhone