CAMPAIGN: The Unburning (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Normin allows himself to be part of a less outgoing and excitable second group as they leave, and still has one of the fire resistant cloaks in possession.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Ebald joins the second group as well.
Working as intended!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Lady Kari watches this all silently. After a while she picks up a book and pretends to focus on it instead of the argument.

The moment Kailyn places the bucket on his head like a hat, he is completely drenched with water from head to toe.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kailyn laughs and swishes his hair back all L'Oreal-like. "Well, should have seen that one coming."

He instead balances it atop his head, supported by his long horns before setting out.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Sazae
Red Slime

Post by Sazae »

Arcadia quickly grows bored of all the squabbling. It reminds her of when her parents didn't agree before …oh never mind that! She shakes her head, rolling her eyes at everyone arguing over a damn bucket. Before she can speak up, they seemingly resolve the issue and start to head out. Arcadia watches them leave and eventually gets up to follow, grabbing whatever is left in the box (if anything) before leaving.
Last edited by Sazae on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Once Sharn has lost the annoying crowd. She ducks into a dark alley way. She checks her satchel, being sure the food in it is secure. She could live off this for a few days, she thought to herself. She close the satchel and open instead her small component pouch. She took out a small potion of lesser polymorph potion. "This should help me deal with those people," she says to herself. She doesn't drink it yet. She keeps it in hand and plans to drink it just as she reaches the 'test'. Otherwise she's sure she'd get lost in the way.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Arcadia

Arcadia is the last one to leave the meeting, and before she goes down the stairs, Lady Kari stands and says

"Please, a moment of your time-- Arcadia, was it?"

"I..."

Lady Kari seems embarrassed and at a loss for words.

"...You don't know me... but I knew your father, Erasmus... a long time ago... I was so very sorry to hear of his disappearance. May I be so bold to ask if there has been any word about where he went or what became of him?"

Lady Kari wrings her hands, apparently worried that her question might be too personal.

Rasvim

Rasvim returns to his home without incident, and can hear the old woman snoring loudly through layers of garbage as he stows away his unneeded supplies.

As he heads back towards Sausage Row to intercept the others on the way to the Smokefield, he spots two people fighting in an alleyway.

One is a dwarf with a short-cropped curly beard wearing a jersey with a yellow mythical bird emblazoned on the front and back.

The other is Ursula, the Rumbleback orc. Both her knees are bleeding.

The two exchange punches, and then Ursula tries to body-slam the dwarf into a wall, but the dwarf ducks and rolls, and Ursula misses and tumbles against the wall, hitting her head hard.

Sharn

Doubt suddenly creeps into Sharn's mind. What drugs is she carrying besides the Potion of Least Polymorph? Are they still all there? Did any of those people pick her pocket
DM wrote:If she checks, nothing is missing, but I noticed Sharn's drugs are not in her inventory
All others

Spread out into two bunches, the rest of the Guild of Arcane Firefighters makes their way down Sausage Row towards the Smokefields.

The day has started in earnest now, and the road is clogged with traffic, foot, horse, ox-cart, carriage, wagon, and even a giant freight-golem or two.

The Poor Quarter is bustling with activity. People are hanging their washing out the window, shouting gossip at their neighbors, urinating in the street, going off to work, lounging on steps, and all manner of activity. Children are running around, playing "chicken" with horses in the street, playing kick-the-brick, or in the case of a few, lugging worn and ragged bags of books off towards one of the schools in Granary Hill.

In spite of the traffic, it won't take them terribly long to reach the Smokefields, and at their current pace, they could be almost an hour early for their appointment with this Provincial Pilsbury person.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

"Careful now, this is nothing I don't already see most moments of my miserable noons, and I'm the most liable to be stepped on, hoho," he jests, deciding to continue the best he can by being patient with the crowding traffic- he doesn't see much reason to stop yet until he comes across anything out of the ordinary... which may or may not be sooner than he thinks, who knows.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kailyn is a little upset he wasn't able to find Sharn, but oh well, such is life. As it stands, he's in the presence of three other woman who are just as beautiful. Cece, from earlier this morning, the woman with a violin whose name he hasn't bothered to get yet, and the orc lady he hired whose name he also hasn't bothered to learn. All in due time.

As they walk, Kailyn hums to himself, occasionally breaking out into song and skipping along, careful not to dislodge the bucket on his head.

Seeing the children playing, he calls a few of them over. He chats idly with one for a few moments, then smiles and reaches behind the child's ear to magically (or rather, sleight-of-handedly) retrieve a silver coin. He tells the child to go buy a sack of rabbit food. He writes down his address and hands it to the child, telling him (or is it a her? Can never tell with creatures this young.) to bring the rabbit food there later. He also tells the child that if he/she does a good job, there's further work later on and even more silver.

The Commander's food secure, he continues upon his merry way down the street.

RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Petrol clatters about after Normin, idly musing about what the nature of the test was going to be. As the journey goes on, these quiet musings gradually devolve into worries about the other group and conspiracy theories about the job as a whole. Being mostly inconsequential ravings, they are luckily swallowed up by the background noise of Sausage Row.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Team Sausage Row

Big Hat Normin's admonishment "Careful now" causes a few of the others to look around more carefully.

Evangeline spots a person wearing the white & silver garb and wooden mask of a Guild of Executioners officer standing on a streetcorner, watching the crowd. They don't seem to be paying any special attention to the party.
DM wrote:Just a cop, nothin' to see here, move along
When Kailyn takes inventory of the ladies, he realizes that the orc woman in the green jersey is not present. She must have skipped out when he wasn't paying attention
DM wrote:That would be Ursula. She was the first one to leave the meeting
When he offers the child the coin for Rabbit food...
Persuasion check wrote:d20 + CHA + Prof. = 10 + 3 + 2 = 15 = Success!
The child seems to ponder the offer for a moment, and then flings the coin on the ground and runs away without kicking Kailyn in the shins.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"Cheeky little devil. Oh well, I'll just have to pick it up myself later in the day."

He retrieves the silver piece and continues on his way, keeping his eye out for any place that might sell weapons. Or anything interesting really.

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

"Sooo thees test... do you theenk she weel be tough?" Cece breaks the silence, starting to wonder. "I 'ope they don't make us leeft theengs". She looks over the pamphlet as she walks, comfortable enough in this neighborhood to let her guard down. "So thees ees 'ow they do magic at the school...". It looks complicated. REAL complicated. She furrows her brow and looks closer, nodding periodically as if she understands.
Last edited by Gizmog on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sazae
Red Slime

Post by Sazae »

Before Arcadia could step out of the door, Lady Kari stood and spoke. Arcadia was immediately worried only to be somewhat relieved. She had rehearsed a response to those inquiring about her father's disappearance and she gave the same to the woman standing before her.

"No word as of yet but we're remaining hopeful."

It was best not to mention how most nights Arcadia couldn't sleep, her father's footsteps haunting her dreams.

Figuring this as an opportunity, Arcadia asked "What's this all about anyway? Surely the fires haven't gotten so bad that you've resorted to hiring whoever you can to put them out."
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kailyn shrugs and says, "Well, knowing these types, it's probably some sort of combination of seeing just how capable we are, and seeing how trustworthy we can be. Perhaps setting up a mock fire, watching how well we can respond, and so on and so forth. I doubt it'll be too complicated."

He grins and says, "If you're worried, just stick close to me, I'll take care of you, for as evidenced by my amazing new crown, I am the new King Bucket!" He does a skip and a turn, bowing before Cece while keeping the bucket balance against his horns.