CAMPAIGN: The Unburning (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Introductions? She looks around the room to see her company.

"If we're to introduce ourselves, I'll start. My name is Evangeline Arrielis, and as you may have seen earlier, I'm a violinist. It is a pleasure to make all your acquaintance."

Acquaintance certainly. None of them seem like viable targets at the moment...
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

"I'm but a hat. Normin, however," he answers.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"My name is Sharn, not that anyone cares."
Sharn wasn't nearly high enough to be dealing with all this. She wondered if these people were cool. Maybe a few of them. Maybe they would be willing to share their stash. Sharn grinned devilishly.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

The meeting room was considerably less crowded than the tavern below, so Petrol would try to position himself somewhere he could be seen, and where he could get a good look at each of the other people in the room.

"The name's Petrol Sleeves! Pleased to be working with y'all!"
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Ebald looked around the room. He was never terribly good at introductions, but he said "My name's Ebald, pleased to make your acquaintance." The people seated at the table seemed like a ragtag group of misfits and vagrants, but nonetheless he wanted to act friendly and cordial, especially if he was going to be working with them for a while.
Working as intended!
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Cece is thunderstuck by Kailyn's introduction, entirely unsure what his game is. Peekpoquette? She discreetly checks that her focus is safe. Geegolo? Bit over-dressed for that. A Baron? Unlikely.. but the fruit basket is bigger than any she's seen. Arcane Firefighters and now a fruit-bearing Baron on Sausage Row? Maybe the government really has changed its tune.

"You come on a beet strong Kailyn, but the day, let us see where she goes, 'eh?" she replies, indulging her curiosity for the time being. "I am Cece Celasier. Are you lost?"
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

"Rasvim's name is Rasvim," Rasvim said quite redundantly in the third person. He never did get a strong grasp of common...
Sent from my iPhone
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kailyn smiles a rakish grin (accompanied by an audible *ting* as sunlight gleams off his perfect teeth) and does a deep and theatrical bow, letting his cape billow out behind him.

"My dear, strong is the only way I know how to come on."

He straightens and addresses the three others, "Well, my fine fellows, shall we be off? Come with me, follow my orders, and I shall pay you each three silver coins a day. What say you?"

To Cece, he says, "Ah, but for you my dear, we shall forgo any gauche talk of coins, but instead, after I am done with my business at the Cocky Blush Tavern and this fire-fighting nonsense, what say we retire to my penthouse suite to... converse... and get to know each other better?"

Spell Used: At this point, I should just stop saying Thaumaturgy and instead attribute any special-effects that Kailyn does to the spell.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

The half-elf mutters "Mondieu" under her breath. The attitude confirms his identity. Only a noble could be such a pig.

What a morning, to randomly run into the exact man she was trying to meet.. and of course this is who they'd put in charge. Lost and late to his own meeting. An arcane joke. Oh well. If the nobles wish to throw money away, who is Cece Celasier to argue with them? "I weel follow, but only to fight fires. No' for.. fine meats an' sausages. You mean to say Unlucky Thrush, eh? Thees ees the wrong way."

She takes Kailyn by the shoulder and points him the right direction, see how he likes it. "Eet's back there.. but eef these firefighting business ees such nonsense, why do you do eet? Go 'ome an' play weeth your toys."
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kailyn laughs and says, "Ah well, if that is what you desire, my dear. As for fine meats and sausages, if you do not wish any then that is all very well."

To the three, he says, "Hear that, my fine bosom buddies? There shall be more food to go around for us!"

He bows once more to Cece and says: "I shall let you lead the way then, for you seem to know these streets better than I do. And why do I go to this thing instead of playing with my toys? Why does anyone do anything these days? For the thrill of the hunt, the joy of the game, the sheer adventure and adrenaline of being alive! Cherish life, my beautiful lovely, you only live it the one time and it is that mortality that makes things so sweet."

He strikes a pose, one leg atop a barrel, one hand on his hip and the other pointing (in the wrong direction) ahead. "Now, let us be off!"
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Cece smiles and returns the bow. He might be a pig, but his answer.. it was a good thing to say. Assuming the other three haven't killed Kailyn and Cece during their discussion and then sold the bones to make soup, she will begin leading the way to where she last saw The Unlucky Thrust.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bobo takes a seat as close to the middle of the table as possible. He examines everyone in the room in an unashamed kind of way. When he speaks, it is with a guttural accent. “Hello you all! I called Bobo!”

After that, Bobo points toward each person in turn and says their name slowly, as if to remember them. He butchers the pronunciation of everyone’s name but Sharn’s.

“Evungulunarrols.” “Nur-mun” “Sharn” “Put-rall-slavsl” “Agbuld” “Ruv-sman” “Ludi-karee”

Bobo doesn’t think that any of these people, other than Sharn and Ebald (who seem like hearty folk) look like they have the moxie to fight anything, much less fire. However, he is too polite to ever say that out loud.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sazae
Red Slime

Post by Sazae »

Arcadia followed the group into the meeting room where she watched silently as everyone rattled off their introductions. She folded her arms close to her body and leaned against the wall furthest from the table everyone seemed to gather at. Arcadia hadn't been on many adventures, having no need for them, so she wasn't exactly up to par with etiquette in these circumstances. Besides, her family had fallen out of favor and she wasn't exactly inclined to share that information just yet. So she just stood there observing, waiting for things to get started.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Kailyn and Cece
Kailyn's persuasion check wrote:d20 + Charisma + Proficiency = 12 + 3 + 2 = Success!
The orc woman in the green jersey breaks away from the two men "See you later" she nods at the other two. "Imma gonna get in on this action." They watch, bemused. Eye-patch chews on the bite of plum.

The woman makes absolutely no move to carry Kailyn's basket of fruit, she just trails behind with her thumbs in her belt, whistling cheerfully.

At the Unlucky Thrush, Mrs Zest points the three of them towards the stairs. "They've already started, loves!"
DM wrote:I won't always show check rolls, especially when I am posting from my phone, but this time, I did! (If you had crit-failed, we might have had our first combat already!)
All upstairs

Lady Kari smiles and nods politely as each person introduces themselves, although when her eyes fall on Arcadia, silent in the back, Kari's face grows stony and the muscles in her neck seem to tighten.

She regains her composure quickly, and begins to talk;

"As you all certainly know, the tragic fire at Shortbig House 3 last month claimed the lives of over 100 of our... most vulnerable citizens."

"The High-Mayor is determined to prevent this sort of tragedy from being repeated, and that is why she has authorized this guild"

"We have received a Starter-Kit from the Guild headquarters in Srappa, and I will be explaining it to you, and then I have prepared a test---"

Then Caldon entered the room, and Lady Kari's face changed

"Caldon! Is that you?" she says with joy "How you have grown! How is your mother?"
DM wrote:Please roll a d20 and add Caldon's Wisdom modifier. If the result is 5 or better, Caldon remembers:
When he was a child, Lady Kari was "Chef Kari", his mother's personal nutritionist and cold-chef. She left the Morgensen family's employ when her father died and she took over his sausageworks and restaurant business
"Wait, we can chat later" she corrects herself, "business first!"

"As I was saying, we have a Starter Kit for the Guild of Arcane Firefighters." She gestures to a large open crate behind her desk.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

(1d20 = 16)

"Kari, it's wonderful to see you again. You're still the best wurst cook I've ever met. We must catch up later."

Perhaps there's some good to this job after all.