Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Looks very nice.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

I have been working on similar architecture for my own game - columns, entablature, pediment etc. so I can't help but marvel at and admire the elegance of these beautiful, clean, delicious pixels.
vvight.wordpress.com
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Big news is I'm going to be at PAX East on January 24th as part of the Kaiju panel. I'll be talking about some basics on the game and doing a brief live demonstration. It's at 4 PM EST and will be streamed through PAX's site somewhere.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Wow! That is really awesome! :)
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Holy slime!
Very nice!
Good luck!

So next year then?
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I'm hoping the game will be finished and released by the end of this year, but spring 2017 is the deadline we're using to keep things on track.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Good lord it is hard to find specific things in saved streams on twitch!

Anyway, I found The Wobbler's Fighto Fantasy presentation here:

https://www.twitch.tv/pax3/v/62575803?t=03h38m12s

I quite enjoyed listening to it :)
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

The "announcer captions" in the game demo's battle scene reminds me that special sound effects for captions would be a great addition to the engine. So, we hear the fists hitting the enemy, sure, but we also hear the announcer narrating the fight. Option #2 is to record the fight and caption sound effects together, but that's lame.

Now that I know what Kaiju Big Battel is, I have to admit that I wish I'd heard about it sooner. Great concept.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Entertaining presentation! Was that the biggest platform the OHRRPGCE has been seen on before?

The game looks fantastic, perhaps the most professional looking game I've seen on the engine, but really... where is the Kickstarter for Dr Cube's Firewatch? :angel:
Last edited by guo on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vvight.wordpress.com
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Presentation is really good, soda_piggy's sprite work is some of the most professional I've seen made with this engine. I hope this game's a success.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks for watching, doods.
Pepsi Ranger wrote:The "announcer captions" in the game demo's battle scene reminds me that special sound effects for captions would be a great addition to the engine. So, we hear the fists hitting the enemy, sure, but we also hear the announcer narrating the fight. Option #2 is to record the fight and caption sound effects together, but that's lame.
I thought about doing voice clips, but I don't think they really fit in with the game's overall SNES style. It's an idea I like, but would be better suited to a different sort of Kaiju game.

Anyway, the stream spoils the heroes, but that's OK, we're still doing the weekly posts since most people won't see the whole stream.

Here's a song for the game by Glock & 8bit: https://soundcloud.com/glock-6/incoming-transmission-2
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

Just wanted to post about how psyched I am for this game. It's incredible that an OHR game can look this good.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

New stuff

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Soda piggy's stuff looks great.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Now entering the ring... it's Dr. Cube! To the surprise of no one, Cube is your main opponent in Fighto Fantasy.

The game begins with a one on one fight between the diabolical Dr. Cube and the boisterous American Beetle. Danger happens and the world is turned upside down! With unlimited resources, an army of minions, and a passion for defacing historical landmarks, Cube's latest scheme is one for the ages.

----

A new Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy track is up! This funky beat plays as American Beetle and Silver Potato explore The Abyss, an area that exists outside of time and space. Take a listen here: https://soundcloud.com/glock-6/outside-time-and-space

----

Help name some monsters in Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy! Please visit our poll on Twitter to help us decide what to call these lovely blobs. https://twitter.com/KaijuBBGame/status/ ... 4310716416
Last edited by The Wobbler on Thu May 26, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.