OHR Window Position

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

OHR Window Position

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I am using the latest nightly and I noticed a strange behavior.

When I open game.exe, the window is regular sized. However, when I select an .RPG file to open, the game opens in a much bigger (stretched) size.

The top left corner of the game.exe window and the game window are at the exact same pixel. As a result, when the game opens, it stretches off the edge of the screen and the window must be repositioned.

I'm not sure if I am explaining this well. Does this make sense?

I'm getting my new game ready for public release and cleaning up all the bugs. So I'll probably be making some more bug reports in the next week or two.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

OK, I was aware that window positioning was broken under GNU/Linux, but it sounds like it's broken in a different way under Windows - it might even be specific to the version of Windows. That's one of the main bugs holding up release.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:OK, I was aware that window positioning was broken under GNU/Linux, but it sounds like it's broken in a different way under Windows - it might even be specific to the version of Windows. That's one of the main bugs holding up release.
If it helps, I am on Windows XP.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I just tested using Test Game set to take 80% of screen width on Windows 7

Using both gfx_directx and gfx_sdl I see the same symptom that Willy describes. The window starts out centered at default (50%?) resolution, then scales to the 80% size while keeping the top left corner in the original position

This leaves just a few pixels at the right side of the window off the right side of the screen.

So pretty much the same as what I am seeing on Linux.