Graphic Artist for Upcoming Project (Done)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Graphic Artist for Upcoming Project (Done)

Post by Meatballsub »

(Moved this from the work for hire thread (which appears to be dead) into its own post. If this is a problem let me know.)

Hello everyone!

What I need:

I need a graphic artist for my next project. With Macabre finally released, I'm wanting to dive into the next title very soon.

Unfortunately, my day job's schedule has changed and I can no longer realistically build an entire game from start to finish (without stretching it out for years). Not only that, but I believe I've reached my graphic capability without pouring in hours upon hours of practice into it. That isn't a luxury I can afford right now.

I would essentially give you a list of things needed (ie. 10 maptile sets, 5 heroes, 50 sprites, etc...), along with details about each one. I'm not sold on any particular style right now, so you have free reign how you go about the design process itself.

Having said that, I could very well reject your inquiry simply because i don't think you are a good fit for the job.

Compensation:

USD funds via Paypal or check/money order. I would essentially be buying the rights to all of your artwork you make for the game (you would still get credit for the work, of course). The actual amount would be negotiable. To protect myself and the artist, it would likely be split up into two or more payments (ie. half up front, the rest when the art is complete).

Requirements:

The only requirement is that I have to think that your art capabilities will benefit the project (duh). What that means is that some really talented people may inquire and be turned down simply because I don't believe you are the right fit for the job.

There are MANY talented artists that lurk these forums. And please, don't take offense if I tell you that I don't need you for the project. That's not to say that your graphics are bad, but perhaps it just isn't what I need for my project.

Please contact me by PM so that we can discuss this further.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

I think what we'd really need is a good idea of just what graphics need to be replaced, and how many of each type before anyone jumps on this. But just to point out, a full graphic overhaul by necessity is going to end up with almost twice as many art assets as it starts out with! ESPECIALLY if you're using the Walktall scripts!

As an example, Vampire's Curse (had)...

28 Walkabouts
2 Hero spritesets
3 Small enemies
10 Medium enemies
16 Large enemies
20 Attack animations
10 Weapon frames
17 Backdrops
5 Maptile sets

Which are CURRENTLY:

45 Walkabouts (All Walktall)
45 Hero spritesets (+15)
7 Small enemies (+4)
20 Medium enemies (+10)
26 Large enemies (+10)
38 Attack animations (+18)
27 Weapon frames (+17)
33 Backdrops (+16)
11 Maptile sets (+6)
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I see your point.

I will get some more information together and supply it here, though this particular thread pertains to upcoming projects rather than graphic overhauls of older titles. I'll PM you about that later on, Fen.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Okay.

This is what I believe I'll need for the next project:

10 tilesets
25 walkabouts
3 portraits
no hero sprites
no backdrops
10 attacks
no weapons

I can provide further details via PM to anyone that is interested in the job.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Sounds good to me. You can look at my newest "Game"'s graphics to see a glimpse of my graphics capabilities.
Just pm me with details and we'll see.

Game: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=120432
Last edited by Froginator on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Thanks for the response. I just hired on someone to do this particular project, but there will be more after that. Once were done with this one, I'll definitely keep you in mind for the next. Thanks.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Sure thing!