Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Spoonweaver wrote:Thoughts?

http://humbleohrbundle.blogspot.com/
That looks really good!

I like the polaroid style.

My suggestions:

* Have separate buttons for Windows/Mac/Linux/Android download links.
* Have a separate button or link for the game's website (or slimesalad page if it doesn't have its own)
* Maybe the detail page for each game should also have a gameplay video in addition to the screenshot?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yes, those are good suggestions. A single screenshot isn't much to go on; Tim-Tim excepted, of course.
The polaroids do look nice, though I do think it odd that the text is cut off. I tried editing the page and saw that the thumbnail images themselves are 200x200, it's not just a matter of editing css. However, the Mr Triangle one is square anyway, so I guess it would look odd if the others weren't.
Oh, I just noticed that there are hidden links at the top to change the album style (highlight everything on the page to see them)

RMZ has already created a trailer for Mr. Triangle's Adventure: http://www.redtrianglegames.com/trianglerpg.html (I hadn't seen it before, but it's pretty amusing)
Last edited by TMC on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

These are all good suggestions. I'll work on implementing some of them.
I'm glad you found the hidden links. Yes, there are other options I can use with this template I'm using for the site. I like the Polaroid one. You're right though, it cuts off the pictures and titles.
As far as descriptions and content, I kind of threw that together. The exact games in the bundle aren't written in stone yet so I didn't want to go out of my way to prepare stuff for a game that was later removed from the bundle.
That said, yes sprout or any other game can still be included. I think sprout is very incomplete as it stands right now though and wouldn't really be a good fit for the bundle in it's current state.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

If you want to reformat them, I can create a new image that will format to the size of whatever works for everyone. I am digging how this is turning out so far, great job Spoonweaver.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Please change the Walthros description to remove the first person parts. Those make sense on my personal site but no sense in a blog post posted by someone else.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Made a number of adjustments to the bundle today.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Ok, well I'm going to start advertising this soon.
You may have noticed last year's bundle appear on the ad's at the bottom here from time to time. It's surprising how much advertising you can get for just 5 bucks. The campaign I created for it has lasted quite a while now.
I'm going to be a bit more aggressive with this year's ads. Hopefully this will get the games featured in the bundle a lot or exposure. However, I'm not going to go crazy either. I'm thinking like 10-20 bucks on ads.

With that said, please let me know what I you think I should change, no matter how small. This goes double if your game is featured. I have made some improvements to the site since I first posted about it and would love any and all feedback.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I would be interested at what your advertising methods are.

Also, the site looks real rough in a mobile viewing. Can you try to edit the entries to mention the people/teams that made the games?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Ah, a mention of the creator makes a lot of sense. Yes I will add that soon.
As for the rough mobile version, I went and made a FEW changes to it. But basically, yea the page doesn't work on a lot of mobile browser. Sorry about that.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

...and with that the project wonderful ad campaign for the 2015 Humble OHRrpgCE Bundle is away! You may have noticed the new ad at the bottom of this site. It will likely stay there for quite some time.
Hopefully it will be a smashing success!

Hopefully I'll get more feedback about what games should be listed included next year. I'll should start it a bit sooner then too. :V
Attachments
ad example.png
ad example.png (127.43 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
humohrbun.png
humohrbun.png (123.44 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Great.

Interesting to note that all the games this year have their own websites; no links to SS.
On RMZ's Mr Triangle's Adventure webpage I notice that the "Available at Amazon" icon goes to Google Play.
More seriously, downloading the PC version doesn't work. I tried three times to download it and the download failed each time after a couple minutes. It was also very slow the first time; very unstable speed. I guess your shared host is overloaded. Maybe you should upload it to SS and just directly link to the download.

It's going to be much harder to pick games next year.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Follow Up: I've spent 33 cents on ads so far and the Bundle page has received 500+ hits. I'm not sure how that translates into game downloads or which game is getting more/less attention.

Things are going a bit better with this bundle so far than last year's in my opinion.
What do you think?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Well, I can see that one person managed to download Mr Triangle's Adventure; download failed for everyone else. Still not working for me.

I notice that there's no link to the Mac or Linux downloads or Android app store for Don't Eat Soap (those links are on the homepage).

I really think that not providing screenshots or videos for any of the games (not including title screens which don't count) is going to be a huge turn off for people. Some fraction of people who visit the page will leave it without investigating further because there's nothing but text and title screens. I have no idea what that fraction would be (you could try to measure it). Of the five games, Dungeonmen is that only one that says what kind of game it is: an RPG. You can also guess that Tim Tim is a side scroller.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Added some screenshots.
I don't have all the links for all the games different ports and versions on the pages. I link to the game's homepages, which should in turn link to whatever the developer wants to link to.
If any of the game's developers would like me to add to the descriptions or links of their game, please let me know.
As of right now though, the bundle is complete.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Great; thanks for this!