Post by Spoonweaver »

AVAILIBLE NOW!

CURRENT Games:
[game]Walthros[/game]
[game]Mr. Triangle Adventure[/game]
[game]Tim-Tim "The Mighty Gnome"[/game]
[game]DON'T EAT SOAP! An Educational Game Starring Bob the Hamster[/game]
[game]DUNGEONMEN: Men of Dungeons[/game]
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Funny, I was just looking at the previous bundle a couple days ago, and realised it was never really completed (nobody added Mac downloads for the games except James and PHC). I actually couldn't find the previous bundle with Google, so here's a link: OHRRPGCE Bundle 2014

That looks like a good list of suggestions, though two of them are incomplete.

Also worth linking to the previous thread for the suggestions and discussion there: The Not So Humble OHR Bundle!
Last edited by TMC on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The way I feel is that most things in the indie community remain incomplete. I mean, even commercial games get updates regularly these days.
And, even though it would be ideal if everyone uploaded different versions of their game for mac and linux, I'm not going to try to force it too hard.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Would be possible for us to do it for them.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I'm constantly finding bugs in Triangle's Adventure but I think I might have squashed the majority of them now. If this version makes it through for a month with no new bugs then I'll say it's okay to be used for this.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Please don't put Motrya in this if you're doing it. Thanks. I really don't want to disappoint more people, as I'm unlikely to work on it again for several years, if ever.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Understood, removed from the list.
As far as bugs and general unfinished games, I wouldn't worry about that. The bundle will simply link to where ever the game is hosted. So if you update later, the bundle will have an updated version too.
Of course, if you simply don't want your game shared, or if you don't want to be part of this for any reason, I will of course not include those games.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Motrya ruled out for several years? Dang, sorry to hear that.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

There's no need to be sorry; it's nothing outside of my control. I'm simply not going to have time for it, and I didn't even work on it when I had time for it. Making games isn't as fun or interesting for me as it used to be.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sorry wasn't the right word, I meant I'm saddened. But I do constantly wonder, isn't all this peer-pressure on people to make games a bad thing? Surely most of us have more important things to do than spend time on hobbies; I don't see that many people trying to push the state of the art or attain an income (which would be the ideal outcome for my part in this). It sometimes even makes me feel like I'm abetting bad behaviour.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

You can't take it with you. Do what you love while you can. There's nothing wrong with encouraging people to do something they enjoy.

However, if you no longer enjoy it, then don't force yourself to do it. I respect your decision about Motrya, even if I never get to see it finished.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yeah, even if Motrya never gets another update ever, I still love what it is right now, and I am glad you made it. Thank you JSH :)
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

What is the deadline for this? I still want to fix some things in Sprout and compose some original music for it, but if I can do that in time, I would love to nominate it for the bundle. Although, if you feel it does not represent the OHR well enough to justify being a part then I understand.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Is it possible to display rectangular rather than square screenshots for the games? Both the screenshots and the names of the games are cut off, I don't think that looks very good. Also, how about a prominent link to the previous bundle page? The last one also had a blurb with more info and whcih mentioned the games were free.

What does the search box at top right do?

Is it right to link directly to the downloads? I would think you should link to the website for Mr Triangle's Adventure, since there are lots of extras there. Dungeonmen technically also has a webpage, but there's less on the than the SS gamelist page, so no point linking to that. Many of these games have more info on the SS gamelist page so I think it's better to link there. However some of these games like Don't Eat Soap are in Google Play, etc, but neither the SS gamelist page (nor the blurb on the bundle page) mention that.

BTW, RMZ, if you're reading this: tiny dark grey font on a black background is not readable!