One-Month All-Mouse Left-Click OHRRPGCE Game Contest (2015)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

How many people are entering this contest, and how do you all feel about an extension?

And that screenshot looks awesome
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Holy mole that looks really good.

To answer your first question James, I'm pretty much already entered at this point. To answer your second question, OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES PLEASE. I should probably ask how much of an extension you're thinking, though. Even if it were to end at the end of this weekend rather than the beginning of it, I'd be in much better shape. An extra week would be even better.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Any extra time just means I have more time to put stuff together, but I knew what I was getting into when I started this. An extension would be great if everyone else agrees.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I'm not entering so my vote doesn't matter, but extensions very rarely produce extra work.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I think we will do just a tiny extension. Having the final day of the contest on a Friday doesn't make a ton of sense.

Lets say you have until Sunday the 21st. I'll start the playing/voting thread on Monday the 22nd.

I will also mention that if I happen to win the contest, the prize will go the the 2nd place in the voting.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

(That town looks great!)

I'd mistakenly thought that the deadline was the same as the end of the Random Collab. Though with only 3 teams signed up for that it's probable none of them would have co-entered.

There were also several people working on first-person dungeon crawlers (me too), and Kylekrack and Foxley's games are first-person as well, so maybe we could have a Finish Your Dang First Person Game challenge.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I'm not even going to try to deliver a finished game for the contest anyways. My goal is to have a short demo with a dozen or so screens in by Sunday.

A "Finish Your ..." thing may be doable later.
BlurredVisionGames
Slime

Post by BlurredVisionGames »

I just noticed this was going on. Thats what I get for not paying attention. Wish I saw this a few days ago when I started Shooter Game.

Oh well. I'm in anyway. I would like to know if that extension is for real cuz it wil effect what kind of game I'll make.
A two day game or a four day game.
I'm going to go set this up and get started right now
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Heh, I was also disappointed when I finally realised ShooterGame used keyboard controls and wasn't eligible. Looking forward to your next game, especially if that only took a few days.

The extension is surely real, you have four days.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlurredVisionGames
Slime

Post by BlurredVisionGames »

Lab Rat.
A puzzle game.

Crazy simple rules.
Estimated frustration level...6

Graphics are done. (Really, that's it.)
Code all day tomorrow. Fix my soon to be broken game on Friday. Build levels Saturday. Post on Sunday.

I think I may just make it :)
Attachments
What a level may look like. Maybe.
What a level may look like. Maybe.
LabRat0000.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
Last edited by BlurredVisionGames on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Heh, looking at the screenshot I have no idea how it works!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Hey Gimp crashed when I was almost done with a really detailed inn scene :zombie:

Does anyone know how I might be able to recover it? It didn't give a crash report or anything and I don't know how to find that sort of thing.
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Ouch!

I think there is no way to recover it.

The only way for gimp to do that is to have the autosave plugin installed and enabled. That doesn't help you now, but it might help for next time
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

It's ok. I just got very disheartened at the time, since I was nearly done and had spent about an hour on it. And it normally doesn't crash like that, in fact I don't believe it ever has, so I really wasn't expecting it. I suppose I should just save more often.
Ps. I love my wife
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Amazingly enough, I've managed to get a fully functional first-person system working so far. Stayed up kind of late last night making a decent looking HUD command highlight script. Movement and room layout is working, text is working, inventory and item interactions are working. I plan on implementing a simple battle system at some point but I think just having the basics down is good enough for the end of the first month.

Only thing I need to haul slime on is content like scenes, sprites, puzzle design stuff. But I laid out the scripts in a way where I can add in and organize new content really easily, so I should at least have 10 or so rooms, a handful of items, and a few NPC/enemy interactions done over the weekend. Hopefully. We'll see how it goes.