Invalid Slice Handle Error

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Invalid Slice Handle Error

Post by Meatballsub »

Hey guys,

This scripting bug has plagued me for a long time. I've tried different ways to fix it, but nothing has helped. Hoping that someone can shed some light on what is actually the culprit and how I can fix it.

For some reason when I post the script here, it doesn't show in its entirety. You can download the error image and the problematic script itself below:

http://mocbjsoftware.com/error.zip

If you need to see any other pieces of the script, let me know.
Mogri
Super Slime

Re: Invalid Slice Handle Error

Post by Mogri »

Meatballsub wrote:For some reason when I post the script here, it doesn't show in its entirety.
I need to put together a forum FAQ, because this comes up all the time. When you paste scripts, check "Disable HTML in this post."
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The error from

Code: Select all

set slice text (lookupslice (sli:loottext),10)
says that "lookupslice (sli:loottext)" returned 0, which is simple: there is no slice with the loottext lookup code. Judging from your script you meant to set this lookup code on one of the slices in slice collection 5, but either forgot to, or one of the scripts you're running in-between deletes it.

BTW, F12 to take a screenshot works everywhere including error messages.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

TMC wrote:The error from

Code: Select all

set slice text (lookupslice (sli:loottext),10)
says that "lookupslice (sli:loottext)" returned 0, which is simple: there is no slice with the loottext lookup code. Judging from your script you meant to set this lookup code on one of the slices in slice collection 5, but either forgot to, or one of the scripts you're running in-between deletes it.
Oppps!