Which box styles are by used by what?

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Which box styles are by used by what?

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

I know there used to be a list of all the textbox colors/styles that are used by various default menus floating around somewhere, but I poked around a bit (searching "box styles" on the wiki, for example) and just couldn't find it.

I remember that box style 0 is the default textbox/menu style, but what others are used for default menu bits (like the save/load menu, in-battle menus, equip menu, and so on)?
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

It was rather hidden. I've moved it to its own page:

http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Box_Styles

It's probably not 100% complete; I found a couple minor things that weren't mentioned.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

yeah, i spent an afternoon testing things to see what did what, but it was in no way extensive, and it doesn't cover whatever changes the nightlies may or may not have made. the whole system could really use a revamp, if only just to get each of the default menu items their own color scheme.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Good news!

That revamp has already started.

It definitely won't *all* be done in time for the callipygious release, but it would be reasonable to expect that at a minimum, the Items screen and the Status screen will allow you to customize which box styles are used, as well as many other customizations, using an interface almost exactly the same as the Slice Collection Editor.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Jack wrote:if only just to get each of the default menu items their own color scheme.
What do you mean by 'menu items'?

I went and added a few more uses.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

TMC wrote:
Jack wrote:if only just to get each of the default menu items their own color scheme.
What do you mean by 'menu items'?

I went and added a few more uses.
I mean how the Spells menu uses the same color scheme as the Equip and Status menu. You change the color to one, you change them all, since they're all assigned to the same number.

Bob the Hamster wrote:Good news!

That revamp has already started.
Awesome!
Last edited by Jack on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.