Super Slime
Spam and you 
 PostFri Nov 23, 2012 1:06 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Due to the recent influx of spambots, the user confirmation has been changed and a large number of users have been deleted -- hopefully all spambots. If you registered for an account in November but did not post during the past three weeks, there is an excellent chance your account was affected. If so, I apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to register again. The mass deletion was necessary to prevent further unsolicited advertisements.

The most recent registered user who was not deleted is airxzen. Only one spambot was identified prior to his registration. Everyone who registered on or after November 8, 2012 was removed.
Mega Tact v1.1
Super Penguin Chef
Wizard Blocks
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostFri Dec 12, 2014 3:25 pm
I deleted a couple yesterday, and two more today (including one that posted in this thread)

This is an interesting wave of spammers, in that they are obviously bots, but they haven't posted any spam links yet. Probably just trying to circumvent some antispam methods that take into account account age and post count.

I noticed that this wave of spammers always fills in an ICQ number (who still uses that?) and they always fill out a random city name for location, and really generic "Occupation" and "Interests"

Based on that I think that one or two of the zero-post accounts created last month are the same spambot too.
Metal King Slime

PostSat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 am
Interesting, CP was receiving exactly the same types of spam account registrations, also starting in early November.

Spam bots which register an account but never post, or at least not for a long time, actually seem to be the norm.
Red Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 am
I am really surprised that my account wasn't deleted. In fact, I am quite perturbed. Not that I wanted my account deleted, but that I was skipped over.

My p key is stuck.
reinterpret_cast<ClassB>(a);
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 am
Is anyone else getting weird PM's from this guy?
Super Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 7:55 am
From which guy?

spheroidal_defence wrote:
I am really surprised that my account wasn't deleted. In fact, I am quite perturbed. Not that I wanted my account deleted, but that I was skipped over.

My p key is stuck.

But you're not a spambot Confused
Mega Tact v1.1
Super Penguin Chef
Wizard Blocks
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 am
spheroidal_defence, what do you want man?
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 3:07 pm
Maybe spheroidal_defence is a human performance artist trying to behave like a spambot in order to help bridge the gap between man and machine, and bring greater harmony to both?
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 3:32 pm
That would explain the PM's
spheroidal_defence wrote:
Hurr
Code:
#include <iostream>

int main
{
    while(true)
    {
        std::cout << "Hello";
    }
return 0;
}
A Scrambled Egg

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm
The plot twist is you are all spam bots and don't realize it and John Sphereman is the only human.
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal Slime

PostThu Jan 08, 2015 12:45 am
This is kind of eerie. I think Spheroidal Defense just passed the Turing Test.

Zombie
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

PostThu Jan 08, 2015 2:44 am
Bob the Hamster wrote:
Maybe spheroidal_defence is a human performance artist trying to behave like a spambot in order to help bridge the gap between man and machine, and bring greater harmony to both?

Is true. Can confirm.

(In all truth, I actually know the guy. He's a little... off.)
Sent from my iPhone
Red Slime

PostFri Jan 09, 2015 2:24 am
Off?
I am merely the link between the two dimensions of fantasy and reality kidnapped by a robot.

And sold to a pirAte.
reinterpret_cast<ClassB>(a);