Recruiting Dedicated Sprite Artists for Game Project

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

DualInstinctGames
Slime

Recruiting Dedicated Sprite Artists for Game Project

Post by DualInstinctGames »

Hey guys, I am here to attempt to recruit some artists to join the development team for "Quest of the Juggernaut" and to be sprite artists for the game. The game development process will hopefully last into february of 2015 and if the game generates any revenue after it is released or during it's kickstarter campaign, then you will recieve a percentage of the project. The game at the moment has a programmer (me) a level designist , a composer , and a marketer. I currently as a programme up to this point have had to do all of the sprite design and really want someone to specialize for the project.

If you want to help out I please ask that you be dedicated to the project and do the work as we go along. It would suck if a quarter of the way through the project and you decide to stop. Either way, we are wanting to include 2 sprite artists if possible in the project, their requirements are listed below.

Enemy Sprite Artist :

- Make sprites and animations for the enemy sprites and dungeon bosses
- Most enemies are 16x16 px when not attacking and some are as large as 32x32 bit (possibly bigger)
- Limited to NES color pallete and cannot use opacity, or polarization

Enviroment Sprite Artist :
- Make the enviroment and scenery objects (ex. trees, rocks, paths, houses)
- Create Dungeon walls and doors along with scenery objects in dungeon.
- Limited to NES color pallete and cannot use opacity, or polarization

Both of these positions are very different and might be a lot for one person alone to take on. So if you want to do both then you might be doing a lot of work. However if you do both then your pay (if game is finished and sold) will increase. The games beta stages and alpha stages that are stable will be uploaded on the gamejolt website in the hyperlink above.

If you have any questions, ask here or shout at me on my gamejolt page. If you are wanting to try and be an artist for the project please say so below, and if you don't want to be an artist and still want to help out, then follow the game on it's page and stay tuned to the updates, alpha builds, and video logs.
Thanks again
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Want this in the work for hire thread?
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
DualInstinctGames
Slime

Post by DualInstinctGames »

Sure, I didn't see that previously
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

added
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Question: Why is the level designer seperate from the guy who's drawing the levels? If I were the tile artist, I could make the levels myself and slime that guy gettin' a cut of the money.

Second question: How the slime do you have a marketer before you have a kickstarter, before you have basically anything? What's his credentials? He might be some jack-off off the street, and why should he get a cut?

You ask me, the only guys you got who are really earning their money are you and that composer. The rest are leeches and you should cut 'em off before they bleed you dry. They're probably your buddies, but game making is a business and businesses make money. There's no room for buddies in the equation. You need to >:( the slime up.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I don't think of myself as a graphics guy. However, I've been told that people actually love my style, so I've been considering branching out into doing some purely graphical stuff rather than the programming side of stuff I normally do.

So, let's look this project over a bit.
I looked at the Gamejolt page. It makes the game seem somewhat complete however Zelda-like it is. The idea that the Knight is "steampunk" doesn't seem to actually fit with the screenshots. Also, the general plot seems pretty flimsy.
Overall I think the game looks ok, but I question it's ability to actually turn a profit. Let alone a profit large enough to make it worth while for a small group.

That said, I've worked on projects with zero chance of turning a profit, so even a small chance seems better than nothing. I'd be willing to do the graphics for the game. If you get 2 guys I'd prefer the environment side, I'm told I'm better at that.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hello, DualInstinctGames! Would you mind posting a short video of gameplay? I can't install the demo because I am on Linux, and you installer does not seem to work in WINE

The screenshots do indeed look zeldalike, but I am really curious about how things move.