Work for Hire

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Momoka wrote:Seeking artist who's willing to teach me how to make pixel art, as a tutor.

Willing to pay via paypal, rates negotiable.
You should be more specific. Pixel art isn't just one discipline, there's a lot that goes into it and someone who is capable of teaching you one thing might not be able to teach you another. It's like saying "I want someone to teach me to be a great oil panter", they can teach you the tools of the trade but there's a big difference between landscapes and portraits and whatnot and a wide variety of styles on top of that.
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Gizmog wrote:
Momoka wrote:Seeking artist who's willing to teach me how to make pixel art, as a tutor.

You should be more specific. Pixel art isn't just one discipline, there's a lot that goes into it and someone who is capable of teaching you one thing might not be able to teach you another. It's like saying "I want someone to teach me to be a great oil panter", they can teach you the tools of the trade but there's a big difference between landscapes and portraits and whatnot and a wide variety of styles on top of that.
Well, I'm thinking of something like "My game starts with a guy on a ship getting attacked by pirates", and first I learn how to make a ship tileset, which would be a prolonged series of lessons. Then water for the ship to be in, then details for the ship etc., and then start characters. I'm not expecting a big Pixel Weekend, but a prolonged series of practice, lessons, etc while building a game out of the assets I create.

If I had to pick one really specific aspect, though, characters are my big hangup.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Momoka wrote:
Gizmog wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of something like "My game starts with a guy on a ship getting attacked by pirates", and first I learn how to make a ship tileset, which would be a prolonged series of lessons. Then water for the ship to be in, then details for the ship etc., and then start characters. I'm not expecting a big Pixel Weekend, but a prolonged series of practice, lessons, etc while building a game out of the assets I create.

If I had to pick one really specific aspect, though, characters are my big hangup.
Hey momoka. I sent you a private message regarding your needs. Let me know what you think. I'm not sure if what I'm offering you is what you require but in any case give the message a read and let me know.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
Diretooth
Red Slime

Post by Diretooth »

Am I using this thing right? *Ahem*

Request:
I'm looking for someone willing to teach me how to make games with the program. I can handle spriting and music stuff, what I need most is scripting, map-making (Where I input all the juicy little sprites) and general things like battle system and making the plot do plot things.

I do not have any money to pay, but I can offer my (admittedly) sucky spriting abilities, my sub-par voice acting, (laptop mic kinda makes me sound weird. If you want a sample of my acting, I can give you a link to some files I made for an audition over youtube,) and/or my ability to read and improve on story-writing. General stuff, like looking for bad grammar, bad spelling, use of words that don't mean what you think they mean... I am also fairly good at writing a decent plot.

I'd like to state that the three forms of payment are also up for grabs for anyone who would like assistance in those fields.
May the Moon light your path, and the Shadows hide you from your prey.

Posgagen urzefa Posyosriig ahgesqizeur genyouldr Jiikyouldr, gariigig urzefa Sazegaigyouldsa zegesigfe genyould fr'yopos genyouldr jiikrfagen.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Diretooth wrote:Am I using this thing right? *Ahem*

Request:
I'm looking for someone willing to teach me how to make games with the program. I can handle spriting and music stuff, what I need most is scripting, map-making (Where I input all the juicy little sprites) and general things like battle system and making the plot do plot things.

I do not have any money to pay, but I can offer my (admittedly) sucky spriting abilities, my sub-par voice acting, (laptop mic kinda makes me sound weird. If you want a sample of my acting, I can give you a link to some files I made for an audition over youtube,) and/or my ability to read and improve on story-writing. General stuff, like looking for bad grammar, bad spelling, use of words that don't mean what you think they mean... I am also fairly good at writing a decent plot.

I'd like to state that the three forms of payment are also up for grabs for anyone who would like assistance in those fields.
I can do it. I can plan out video tutorials for ye.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Diretooth
Red Slime

Post by Diretooth »

Meowskivich wrote:

Request:

I can do it. I can plan out video tutorials for ye.
Thank you, I really appreciate this. (I often learn well via video tutorial anyway, so that's a plus.)
May the Moon light your path, and the Shadows hide you from your prey.

Posgagen urzefa Posyosriig ahgesqizeur genyouldr Jiikyouldr, gariigig urzefa Sazegaigyouldsa zegesigfe genyould fr'yopos genyouldr jiikrfagen.
7Slime
Slime

Need Artist

Post by 7Slime »

Hi guys! its been a while since I've used the OHRRPGCE but i have been following up on it since 2008.

what i need is someone to do graphics for me for a game I just have to make. my art skills arent so good.

i just need some one or ones to do some basic stuff for me:
basic tilesets and character designs and such. title screen too basicaly most of the artwork. i have no style preference so I will take all comers.

heres the plot:

Open ended game about homesteading, basically your "start with nothing and work your way up" type game.

i envision things like hunting,farming , logging,fishing, building a cabin and upgrading it. getting better tools and weapons and what-have-you.

cant offer much in way of payment except fun and of course your name all over the game credits. I i really feel this would be a fun little game to make and play. any suggestions and help are realy appreaciated.
7Slime
Slime

Post by 7Slime »

Request:

im pretty good with the battle and map systems, i can help there if you can help with basic sprites for my lil project
BlastedEarth
Slime

Post by BlastedEarth »

Spoonweaver wrote:Whelp , I need an artist. I plan to try my best to get an OHR game on Steam, and I'm fully aware that my greatest hurdle is my low level of artistic ability. If you're talented and willing, I'm offering to share any profits that might come from such a game (up to and including 50% depending on your level of involvement), but do keep in mind that any payment you might receive would be completely up to how well the game does and I in no way promise you anything.
I have several ideas for games, but I might even be willing to even work on your game if you have the same goal and need a scripter or something.
Just go ahead and PM me on here with any interest you might have in regards to this.
I have the same goal, what say we try a little game?
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I need a victory fanfare theme for Ruin. It's the track that is played after you successfully finish a battle. The song itself doesn't have to be over about 30 seconds.

I need this piece to stick with drums, strings, brass, and piano. You don't have to necessarily use all these instruments, but they are my preferred choices when it comes to the overall feel of the theme.

I'll pay $25 for MP3 quality and $12.50 for MIDI quality. Obviously the only catch is that I must like the piece in order to pay you. If I like it, I'd be happy to pay you via check or Paypal.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Have you contacted Soda_Piggy? Tis a musician who is willing to take pay.

As for the thing, since I keep forgetting to update it, I suppose I'll give people until June 1st to let me know if I'm keeping their current requests up. I'll likely leave Soda_Piggy's request up until further notice, though.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Meatballsub wrote:I need a victory fanfare theme for Ruin. It's the track that is played after you successfully finish a battle. The song itself doesn't have to be over about 30 seconds.

I need this piece to stick with drums, strings, brass, and piano. You don't have to necessarily use all these instruments, but they are my preferred choices when it comes to the overall feel of the theme.

I'll pay $25 for MP3 quality and $12.50 for MIDI quality. Obviously the only catch is that I must like the piece in order to pay you. If I like it, I'd be happy to pay you via check or Paypal.
If no one takes you up on this offer I can give it a try. I'm more accustomed to doing slow ambient music for map areas and stuff so I'd rather you contact Soda_Piggy as well as others first since I think they'd be a better fit.

Also something you may want to consider in the future is that mp3 format does not loop very well. I know a fanfare won't need to loop though. In my experience wav format is best for looping. It can then be converted to ogg and imported into the engine to create a very high quality song with a seamless loop. Perhaps I'm just inexperienced with mp3's but in my attempts, I have never been able to get one to loop properly.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

sheamkennedy wrote:
Meatballsub wrote:I need a victory fanfare theme for Ruin. It's the track that is played after you successfully finish a battle. The song itself doesn't have to be over about 30 seconds.

If no one takes you up on this offer I can give it a try. I'm more accustomed to doing slow ambient music for map areas and stuff so I'd rather you contact Soda_Piggy as well as others first since I think they'd be a better fit.

Also something you may want to consider in the future is that mp3 format does not loop very well. I know a fanfare won't need to loop though. In my experience wav format is best for looping. It can then be converted to ogg and imported into the engine to create a very high quality song with a seamless loop. Perhaps I'm just inexperienced with mp3's but in my attempts, I have never been able to get one to loop properly.
I dunno, 12 is a lot of bucks, you aught to take him up on it ;)
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Meowskivich wrote:Have you contacted Soda_Piggy? Tis a musician who is willing to take pay.

As for the thing, since I keep forgetting to update it, I suppose I'll give people until June 1st to let me know if I'm keeping their current requests up. I'll likely leave Soda_Piggy's request up until further notice, though.
Thanks. SP is working on some things for me already, but I need this particular piece done in the near future. That's why I thought I'd post here to see if someone else could pick up the request. SP is awesome though and I recommend anyone to work with him if you are looking for quality work!

Totally up to you man. If you want to give it a shot, that'd be awesome. This particular piece does not have to loop, so don't worry about that. A WAV file would be fine too if that works better for you.

If you decide to give it a shot, I'd suggest posting here to let us know. That way, nobody else will try and make something for me while I'm waiting on your piece.
I dunno, 12 is a lot of bucks, you aught to take him up on it ;)
Hey man, it's enough for a decent pizza around here :v:
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

@Meatballsub: Alright then. How about I flesh out a song today and send it to you. If I fail to meet that goal, or you don't feel it fits your game, then you can keep looking for help tomorrow.

Also I've seen screenshots of your game but don't know the exact theme you're going for music-wise. For now I'll assume something Medieval but please post back here if you'd like me to give the song a bit of different flavour. I could do like: techno, beatbox, oriental, etc... but I'd presume those wouldn't be a good fit.