Work for Hire

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

retrobanana
Slime

Post by retrobanana »

Mogri wrote:I'm looking for a composer for Super Penguin Chef and would be willing to pay, so let's chat. The game currently has 16 tracks, but of those, at least two are going to keep the public domain songs they currently use (Serenade and Four Seasons: Spring, used in the house and the restaurant, respectively) -- though I'd want a higher-quality version, so if anyone knows where I can get an orchestrated version of either song, let me know -- and three are jingles. One more song may or may not be going away, so that leaves about 10 full tracks.

I'm also looking for a professional-grade artist to give the game a full makeover; once again, willing to pay.

I'm hoping to give the game a professional release, which includes a price tag. Anyone who is interested in playtesting will be able to score a free copy :)
I would love to compose for Super Penguin Chef. I work for free--you only have to pay me if you want to. Can you PM me the details (i.e., MIDI or MP3, what kind of songs, etc.)?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

retrobanana wrote:I would love to compose for Super Penguin Chef. I work for free--you only have to pay me if you want to. Can you PM me the details (i.e., MIDI or MP3, what kind of songs, etc.)?
Thanks for your interest, but Soda_piggy is already on the job.
retrobanana
Slime

Post by retrobanana »

OK. Tell me if you need anything, though. I'm usually available.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Looking for someone to help with a small coding project. I say small, because it sounds small to me. I basically want to implement a feature of hot and cold. Where there is an NPC on the ground and every step you make towards it, it tells you whether you are hot or cold. Maybe do an icon over the player's head in like a thought balloon shape with various colors to indicate it.

Any serious takers want to talk to me, feel free to contact me. Give me a price estimate based on how much time you think you'd spend working on it?
AspiringFailure
Slime

Post by AspiringFailure »

I would definitely be interested in (unpaid) voice acting for Forgotten.

Specifically if you're capable of sounding melancholic, confused, angry, and happy. If you are interested, please email me at Robert_Hohn@live.com rather than PMing me because I check my email daily and almost never, ever check private messages on forums.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

What kind of voice-work are you looking for? Like, whole game's script worth of voice-work? Or just a few lines here and there?
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Hey, BMR, you still wanting this up?
BMR - Uh....this:
I've been looking around at sprites at whatnot, and have found quite a few sprite-generators for RPG Maker. But those are geared towards RPG Maker (go figure) which have three walk frames, and aren't limited to 16 colors. I'm looking for a good sprite artist to team up with to make a sprite maker but geared for the OHR. I can handle the scripting (I'll make it in the OHR like my face maker I suppose) but my art just isn't really up to par. So anyone who wants to help out with it would be most welcome.
ALSO! I FINALLY UPDATED THIS! I'll be more on it, because responsibility. (well, soon after this post. I'm still going through and adding things)
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

If someone plans to publish his game, maybe you can target more players, if the game is translated in some other languages?
If anyone is interested, I can translate your game from english to german. Should not be that difficult. Send me an e-mail to thomas(dot)schoger(edd)pgs-portal(dot)de
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Meowskivich wrote:Hey, BMR, you still wanting this up?
BMR - Uh....this:
I've been looking around at sprites at whatnot, and have found quite a few sprite-generators for RPG Maker. But those are geared towards RPG Maker (go figure) which have three walk frames, and aren't limited to 16 colors. I'm looking for a good sprite artist to team up with to make a sprite maker but geared for the OHR. I can handle the scripting (I'll make it in the OHR like my face maker I suppose) but my art just isn't really up to par. So anyone who wants to help out with it would be most welcome.
ALSO! I FINALLY UPDATED THIS! I'll be more on it, because responsibility. (well, soon after this post. I'm still going through and adding things)
Nah, pretty much dropped that project.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Bird wrote:If someone plans to publish his game, maybe you can target more players, if the game is translated in some other languages?
If anyone is interested, I can translate your game from english to german. Should not be that difficult. Send me an e-mail to thomas(dot)schoger(edd)pgs-portal(dot)de
I have no idea what the request is here.

But updated to remove bmr's request.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Oh sorry, I hope I got the sense of this thread right? I saw that there are some forum members who are offering their abilitys to help others and that's what I wanted to do too.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Bird wrote:Oh sorry, I hope I got the sense of this thread right? I saw that there are some forum members who are offering their abilitys to help others and that's what I wanted to do too.
Ah, I see now. I guess I had to wake up a bit first :zombie:
After I post this, your request for work shall be added.

edit: though I can't really make the email out perfectly, so I'll just leave it to your PM inbox here on the forums.
Last edited by Meowskivich on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Mogri, are you still wanting play testers and professional artists for Super Penguin Chef? (I'll still test for you)

Soda_Piggy, are you still looking for musical work?

I believe that's all the update information I'm needing this month, besides the normal "lay thy requests on me and I'll get on it as soon as I've the time".
I may leave a $ mark on requests that want money/are willing to pay it. Since people are seeming to do that here and there. Until next request or month, please get to me on those things soon Mogri and VampiDucki, as I wish to have the list updated for this month.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Meowskivich wrote:Mogri, are you still wanting play testers and professional artists for Super Penguin Chef? (I'll still test for you)
I'm still looking for an artist.

I still need testers in the long scheme of things, but I'm not actively testing at the moment.
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Seeking artist who's willing to teach me how to make pixel art, as a tutor.

Willing to pay via paypal, rates negotiable.