It is time for Team Fortress 2

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

It is time for Team Fortress 2

Post by Mogri »

Okay guys. I have got a new graphics card, meaning I no longer need to play at 800x600 on the lowest quality settings and I don't crash intermittently. This pleases me.

Let's celebrate this by playing some Team Fortress 2 this Saturday, around 10am PST why not. (That's 1pm EST and do the math if you live in between.) Please repost your s/n in case anyone missed it; mine is Mogri.

Notes:
- For the love we don't need five Engineers, four Spies, or three Medics
- I kind of want that Achievement where you have a team of eight people on your friends list
- Kill the Medic first (he's that guy on the right)
- The cake is a lie
Machu
Slime Knight

Post by Machu »

Mine should be Machu, or Majinchu if that doesn't work. And my computer plays this on terribly low quality, sorry.

I'm glad you guys are good at support classes, because I'm not. So far my most successful class is Sniper, and I was also good with Pyro and Heavy. Scout and Demoman are decent, and I would need more practice with Soldier (I tend to get caught reloading at bad times and don't know how to rocket jump).

I'm not too familiar with all of the levels yet, either. Oh, I got a mic, too. My cousin works nights, though, so he'll probably still be asleep at that time, so I'll probably have to be quiet with it.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I've been trying to get good at all of the classes. Scout is my weakest by far, followed distantly by Heavy.

Engineer is my most-played class, but it's no good on offense, so for that I've gotten good with Soldier, Demoman, and to an extent Pyro. I'm starting to get the hang of Spy (a tricky class to play) and I'm decent as Sniper, but only for sniping. Medic is not a terribly hard class to use, even for a beginner.

Generally, my class priority goes something like this:
- If we're defense (especially on a CP or TC map), I take Engineer unless our team already has a few.
- If I've been dying a lot, I take Medic and hope to win vicariously.
- If stuff needs blowing up, like sentry guns or bunkered enemies, I take Demoman.
- If I can get in close, I take Pyro.
- If I die every time I get in close but there are still a lot of enemies clustered, I take Heavy and usually die quickly.
- If I need long-distance attack, I take Soldier. (Soldier is on the down and out for me lately, though -- this is usually replaced by Sniper lately.)
- If we're offense on a CP or TC and the match has just begun or I feel lucky, I take Scout and usually die quickly.
- I play Spy very rarely.
rubberbandiv
Slime

Post by rubberbandiv »

Yeah, actually missing Windows now.
Teapot.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

So Machu and I ran into each other today and I got to show off my skills. I set a new record -- 11 points for Medic. My previous best was 10 points for Engineer. Overall, he did about as well as I did in terms of total points.

You should all come on Saturday so that we can blow people up together.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Hachi and Machu showed. I don't think I was ever on Hachi's team, but we had some good times. I realized that although I am at least competent in the other classes, I suck as Spy.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

i just bought the game earlier today, if any of you guys are on later I'll definitely play.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Excellent. What's your id?
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

edit: Err.. never mind. Apparently I friended a different Mogri. I sent you an invitation.
Mogri wrote:Excellent. What's your id?
I'm pretty sure I'm already on your friends list (you're on mine); so it should pop up as LeTrompe.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I'll play sometime. I like Engineer, Spy, and Demoman. I suck hard at Soldier and Sniper, and am only moderately good at Heavy and Medic.
Actually I'm pretty bad at FPSs in general, but at least with engineer I can just sit back and watch the carnage.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

I found I'm really good with scout and soldier, followed by spy, and then fail as everything else.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I got 25 points in one go as Sniper in Well yesterday (roughly 17 kills, but headshots are 2 points). The enemy's snipers really sucked and the rest of the team kept anyone from getting up to me. I died when one of the snipers finally got lucky.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I now have the box that's Orange and made of magic. My Steam ID is KittenMaster (I think. My Steam login is my e-mail). I will attempt to add whoever I can.

EDIT: Epic win. Trying to add Machu gets me someone named "Bubba" instead.

EDIT2: Portal is surreal. I *already* had a dream involving it.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

I tried adding you, and I got someone named GoombaFreak.

Join the group, it'll be easier to find you:

www.steamcommunity.com/groups/soid
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

GoombaFreak? We should recruit that guy.

I'll try to join the group then. I have been playing Team Fortress 2 to discover that I am terrible at the game.

EDIT: Also, as someone that has played Team Fortress Classic, I am really pleased to see how the game was balanced. They simplified things very easily and got rid of many gimmicks that didn't work. TFC was about nade spam, which made the Demoman more of a novelty, but now he's actually useful in this game, being the only guy with a type of nade. The Pyro is incredible now too as a very melee character with an actual strategy. The Spy used to be another novelty and didn't have cloaking, but now he can screw up sentries, a very useful ability that gives him a more unique role. The Scout was the worst class in TFC, because other classes could capture better than him, and because he was so pitiful in combat. Now, the Scout can actually do his job, as well as having a great weapon to use his speed with, making him the most boosted class, IMO.