Brute's 2012 In-Review: Final Dragon Legacy!

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

MrBrutehater
Slime

Brute's 2012 In-Review: Final Dragon Legacy!

Post by MrBrutehater »

So, on to another review...This review is of FINAL DRAGON LEGACY!
Which, by the way, has a rather elegant title screen
I mean, look at that D in Dragon. Random Cursive D's For The Win, Yeah?

---------------------------------GAMEPLAY-----------------------------
It's pretty much the definition of a RPG on the Nintendo Entertainment System, I kid you not. You got saving at some external source - In this case some kinda of Church Thing...*Shrug*. You got some nice grind-fest stuff happening there, just a tad of that good ol' NES difficulty and those awesome character sprites! It really does remind me of some sort of Dragon Warrior/ Dragon Quest NES stuff...I don't know, it just gives off that vibe. It all plays just fine, I don't have too many complaints. One of those complaints happens to be that the waiting period to attack again is way to slow for only having one party member. Like...oh my, it feels way to long and is kind of boring having to wait. Either shorten it or give me a party member A-S-A-P Please! My other complaint is the saving in the churches - I'll be honest, it's probably just a factor of my age, not having grown up with NES/SNES but I really don't like the saving in the churches thing. >.< I feel like there's not enough save points to what feels comfortable to me, but it really may just be because I grew up in an era where we got save points all the time or something. I'm also not too big of a fan of grinding, and this game seems to have a tad bit of grinding involved with it, which was really really boring. I also feel like getting money for the Inn was a tad difficult, but maybe I'm just a stupid whiner or something! ^^

--------------------------------STORY-------------------------------
As usual...SPOILERS!!!!!...
Pretty basic stuff, from the tad bit I played. From an hour and a half I gathered, The Main Characters Dad Went with "Loki" to kill the "Nighoggur" a "Dragon "Image (More like sweet potato salamander, amIright?) To close some portal or something another to stop evil. They kill it, and then to save "Loki" Papa sacrifices himself to let "Loki" escape (Though it's kind of implied kind of not that he is still alive). Than MC is seventeen (Sixteen?) and leaves to go find papa and more than likely stop that evil which has returned. Pretty simple stuff (remind me of an NES RPG, have I said that enough yet?) but it's effective and I like it enough, I'm sure it get's better later, but I - as usual - only played an hour and a half. Pretty solid stuff, really. ^^

----------------------------MUSIC AND GRAPHICS-------------------------
The Graphics are - SHOCK - very similar to what I could see on an NES! They look okay, you can tell what most things are (Though the "Nighoggur" still doesn't look like a dragon...like...at all). All of the enemies are pretty neat, got your slimes (Though I think their called Jelly...?), some weird mouse with a thief get up going on, and the first boss is a Death Worm thingy. The dungeons and towns are kinda bland, but not bad or painful in anyway. That's...pretty much all I have to say on the graphics really.

Second Verse, Same as the first: The music reminds me of NES RPG music!~ Haha, I think I've said that enough by now, last time I promise! It all sounds okay, I dig most of it, none of it gave me a head-ache, so...pass by me. Not much else to say about it really...

---------------------------------In Conclusion!-------------------------------
This one was a good one! Not as good as Super Penguin Chef in my opinion, but better than The Tower Of Love and Energy by a long shot! A few small gripes (The Sweet Potato Salamander "Dragon", The Long Wait time between attacks, the saving, the kinda bland environment, and the grinding) kinda dragged it back, but it wasn't a bad experience, especially if you played or liked NES RPG's a bunch! It gets a B from me, a 8/10, or a Sweet Potato Salamander out of Dragon!

The live-stream Of This One: http://www.twitch.tv/mrbrutehater/b/461387497

Youtube Video Coming Soon!

Thanks for reading this one! ^^
Last edited by MrBrutehater on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Your images got broke.
MrBrutehater
Slime

Post by MrBrutehater »

They display fine for me... :(
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Me two
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

not I
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

They say "Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image."
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
MrBrutehater
Slime

Post by MrBrutehater »

Someone mind checking it now? :D
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

It never not worked for me.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

seems fine now
though.. one's gotta question why you wouldn't just use the built in picture hosting
MrBrutehater
Slime

Post by MrBrutehater »

because I didn't know about it because I am dumb! :D