Need an artist?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Lucier
Red Slime

Need an artist?

Post by Lucier »

Hey guys, long time no post! I like to check in here from time to time and see what everyone's up to, and this time I wanted to give a small life update & offer my services!

Recently I made the plunge and am now a full time game artist. I have experience with OHR games but I can make art for any gaming platform or engine.
I can make...
-Sprites
-Tilesets
-Character Portraits
-Concept Art

A sample of my work...

You can find more work on my portfolio page here and my deviantart page. If you are interested in hiring me for a job please shoot me a message via my portfolio page and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks guys! :)
:D!!!
crowtongue
Slime Knight

Post by crowtongue »

Your work is amazing! I'll keep that in mind, I'll be wanting art for a game at some point.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

That is some seriously mind-blowingly impressive work.

Out of curiousity, and if you don't mind my asking, generally what are your rates for different types of pieces?
Last edited by BMR on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Sparoku
Metal Slime

Post by Sparoku »

Amazing! You've got talent for sure! :)
Last edited by Sparoku on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One can never improve enough nor should one stop trying to improve."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hello! Long time no see!

The work looks really great! I don't have a project to hire you for right now, but now I want to start one! :)

Are those sprites for any specific projects?
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

It's almost as if people think this thread doesn't even exist....
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Lucier
Red Slime

Post by Lucier »

Thanks guys, glad you like my work! :D

BMR - That is a fair question. I usually like to get a detailed idea of what you would want me to do for the game as well as time-frame and budget before I can give my rate for the particular project. But, because this is my job now I have to ask a liveable wage so generally it's $19-24/hr or I can do per asset (like sprite sheet or concept piece) as a lump sum payment. The large sprites I posted take longer to make than small sprites so that will affect the pricing some, and things like more color restrictions will lower the cost because fewer colors = less time spent blending pixels. Hope this info helps!

James - Haha, well here's to hoping I get an email from you soon! None of the sprites are used in any game, I just made them for my portfolio.
:D!!!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I saw "Lucier" and I was like whoa

and then I saw your graphics and I was like whoa

Congrats on making the plunge!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Mogri summed up my thoughts entirely; I have nothing else to add other than...
Lucier wrote:None of the sprites are used in any game, I just made them for my portfolio.
That's too bad!
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

Your artwork is absolutely immaculate, but I make it a point to never hire someone that makes more an hour than I do. :v:
—- So anyway, how are you?
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

@ Lucier - Nice stuff man! I like your style. Your sprites that use about 32 colors (it looks like) are really vivid and stand out. I'd like to see more of your recent work with 16 colors as well.

@ Stewitus P. - That's actually a pretty standard rate for a graphic artist that's just starting out. You have to consider that one may not have work every hour of every day (but they STILL have to eat). Also, specialized work like graphic art comes at a premium. If you want something done well and done quickly, it's going to cost more. Same goes for music, programming or anything else you're hiring people to do in a creative field.
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

VampiDucki wrote:@ Stewitus P. - That's actually a pretty standard rate for a graphic artist that's just starting out. You have to consider that one may not have work every hour of every day (but they STILL have to eat). Also, specialized work like graphic art comes at a premium. If you want something done well and done quickly, it's going to cost more. Same goes for music, programming or anything else you're hiring people to do in a creative field.
Yeah, I know. Just making jokes...
—- So anyway, how are you?