Puppy Adventure - Fenrir-Lunaris - Review

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

zanzindorf
Slime

Puppy Adventure - Fenrir-Lunaris - Review

Post by zanzindorf »

Solid, enjoyable work all around!

Progression:
Linking your stat growth to the equipment you wear is a fun mechanic. I had fun balancing out the stats of each character just how I wanted them, and the difficulty seemed to increase appropriately from level to level.

Gameplay:
There's plenty of diversity to keep you interested and engaged throughout this bite-sized game. I had fun figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of each ally and foe, and I enjoyed strategizing accordingly. Exploration is rewarded with extra loot and secret areas, which I appreciate.

Story:
Pretty sure I laughed out loud several times. Story is well written, well delivered, simple, and very amusing. While it stands on its own as a story, I also enjoyed the many nods to other games and the meta humor.

Sound:
The music works well with the story and gameplay. I didn't really even notice the self-imposed limitation of no sound effects. The main menu song is my jam.
:)

Bugs:
Didn't really run into any significant bugs. Everything is really well polished. Though, if I'm nitpicking, there were a few holes in the wall collisions, allowing the player to explore the black out-of-bounds area in a few places. Aside from that, everything works really well.

Conclusion:
I loved it! Many thanks to the author for making this! For everyone else, give it a try!
:D

Roo things forever!
What am I?