And we all learned a valuable lesson. (Don't Eat Soap!)

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

And we all learned a valuable lesson. (Don't Eat Soap!)

Post by Taco Bot »

Graphics: 7/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Music: 8/10
Sounds: 8/10
Humor: 9/10
Addictiveness: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

The graphics are pretty good, but considering the RPGCE's limitations, you didn't have very much elbow room. The only REAL problem is that Bob's walking looks a little awkward, and that he keeps moving while standing still. I don't, however, know if this can be helped, as I've never tried to use the RPGCE to make a platformer.

The gameplay is pretty great. The controls were smooth an responsive, and it felt very much like Bubble-Bobble. The only problem I saw was that it was a little hard to pop bubbles.

The music was pretty darn good. Like most of your other games it felt kind of... how do I put it... Lon Lon Ranch? Regardless, I played for quite a while and never muted the game.

The sounds were cool and cartoony. I especially liked the sound it makes when Bob blows bubbles. (Try saying THAT ten times fast.) They do get a little repetitive after a while, but I suppose that's the nature of arcade games. My only REAL MAJOR complaint lies in the loud beeps it makes during the soap mini game. That got a teensie bit horrid after a while.

The plot of the game itself if humorous enough as it is. When I first started the game, I thought that the mini-game was the entire game. Then, when it became Bubble-Bobble, I was very amused. The enemies are creative, as are the powerups. But why is he guzzling soap if the name of the game is... oh, never mind.

The game is highly addictive due to the fact that it's Bubble Bobble. Need I say more?

Overall, I think that this game shows The OHRRPGCE's potential as more than just an RPG creator quite well, and I think I'll keep it on my desktop.
Sent from my iPhone