Jumpman likes to jump!

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Jumpman likes to jump!

Post by Gizmog »

Jumpman is RMSephy's... Simple Game? Littlest Game? Contest contender, and contend it did. Yet another well scripted design, this one seems to take inspiration from the previous years Alice Falls Asleep, and polishes it into a much cooler rhythm-jumping game.

You're Jumpman, a jaunty stick figure who dodges numerous obstacles (my favorite are the guns that pop up a second before they start shooting at you) by... Jumping! You've got regular jumps by hitting space, but HOLD space and gravity reverses and you go up to the roof where your jumps go down instead of up! Madness!

There's supposedly ten levels, but things are moving so fast at level 5 (The level I'm on currently) that I know I'll never know for sure. In a rather neat move, the game saves your progress. When you start the game up again after having lost, a floppy disc icon will be your first obstacle. Jump into it, and the game will proceed from where you left off. This is way more merciful than Alice Falls Asleeps system of dumping you back a level and makes it feel like you could really maybe beat the game.

By rule of the contest it's a simple game, but it's pretty fun for a little while. Definitely worth checking out and definitely another solid check mark on Sephy's resume. For those of you reading this in 2014, this is the second to last review I have to do this year. What could the final game be?!
Attachments
...apparently I didn't get any screenshots with enemies in it.. let's look at the menu again!
...apparently I didn't get any screenshots with enemies in it.. let's look at the menu again!
jumpman0000.png (3.12 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Jumpman: He has a lot of heart
Jumpman: He has a lot of heart
jumpman0003.png (1.95 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Usually I like a more complex menu, but this was fitting to the game and the contest.
Usually I like a more complex menu, but this was fitting to the game and the contest.
jumpman0000.png (3.12 KiB) Viewed 1320 times