Monster Lot

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Monster Lot

Post by JSH357 »

I am hesitant to review this as so many stones have been thrown against it. I'm also have a slime of a time trying to figure out just why it doesn't work. Monster Lot seems a lot like a case where the creators put a lot of heart in to it, but the end result just didn't resonate with the audience like they were hoping.

First of all, I want to say that this plot probably would have worked better as an actual sitcom, made for television. I feel like the sprite-based art makes it tougher to appreciate the designs of the characters. The show seems heavily inspired by Futurama; an animation style similar to it would have helped this quite a bit.

There have been a lot of complaints about the show having too many characters, being too long, or having too much talking. Again, the OHR format is what really exacerbates this problem. If you were watching it on TV with better production value and editing, it would make a lot more sense.

I can't really make any direct criticisms of the plot because even after rewatching it, I honestly can't remember much about the movie other than it starring a hodge-podge of characters that reminded me of Zoidberg, Tow-Mater, and a few other cartoon stars. It just washes over me, like nothing's happening at all. The voice acting is fine, the graphics are above average... Monster Lot just doesn't come together the way it should. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'd love to hear a positive review point out some concrete reasons why it was enjoyable to them, as I know there were some people who rated it highly in the contest.

Rating: 3 Monster Mashed Potatoes out of 10
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com