Weegee

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Weegee

Post by JSH357 »

Weegee could potentially be called a transitional game in the Nathan Karr canon. It’s a game that appears to be straining to become something solid but still holding itself back. Looking at the game critically, it’s an awful Youtube poop/TV Tropes adventure game with no lasting value beyond the day of its release, if said release had any value in the first place. Even from a formalistic standpoint, there’s no value here. The battles offer nothing to the player, and the structure of the game does not allow for any entertaining interaction.

Nonetheless, when taken at face value we can see that Karr intended for this to be entertaining, and unlike many of his previous releases it has an audience in mind. It’s hard to talk about this game without also discussing NO EAT, but as that title was also released in 2011 I want to hold off a little. Suffice to say, without producing Weegee, Karr never would have made a game on the level of NO EAT, so there’s something to be said there.

Unfortunately, all of this is essentially only feeding the creator’s ego, as to classify Weegee as anything other than a waste of a few minutes is to do a disservice to thousands of other less horrifying mediocre games. I should say that it’s a least a boon that Mr. Karr never graced us with his myfriendsandme RPG, but I have to wonder if what we got was any better. Weegee certainly isn’t, and yet it is his seventh released game or something. Even thinking about this again is hurting my brain.

Rating: 1.5 Pineapples Under the Sea out of 10
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com