TutOHRial

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

TutOHRial

Post by Nathan Karr »

In the "I wish I thought of this a couple years sooner" pile, we have a passion project that took me six days to make and test. It is a broken game - an empty room with an NPC. The NPC tells you how to turn this into an actual, if basic, RPG and get your creativity flowing to make it truly your own - or get really bold and make a new game from scratch!

Bundled in the original release is a nightly build of the engine because I didn't think ahead and download a copy of Gorgonzola specifically for making this thing with (I don't actually use any post-Gorgonozola stable release features anyway). After the next stable release, I'll put out a smaller package without the editor included as well as any small revisions we find needed and possibly more sprites in the resource folders (not too many - we don't want to overwhelm new players with too many options at once).

This is my entry for the 2020 Heart of the OHR contest.
Attachments
Made a raccoon sprite. Realized I had a pink and yellow palette, it looks hilarious and familiar.
Made a raccoon sprite. Realized I had a pink and yellow palette, it looks hilarious and familiar.
TutOHRial0014.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
TutOHRial (4).zip
Includes the game, some resource folders, and the editor.
(11.33 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
Screenshots of the game imported and used as backdrops are the bulk of the file size. Costly, but necessary.
Screenshots of the game imported and used as backdrops are the bulk of the file size. Costly, but necessary.
TutOHRial0227.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
Last edited by Nathan Karr on Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

[review]8221[/review]
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

[review]8179[/review]