Minecraft Server

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

RMZ wrote:With a new IP address comes a new wish right?
new IP: IP 142.4.215.143:2313

What RMZ is referring to, as you may or may not know, is the fact that I was letting each person have 1 admin request on the server. This normally came in the form of a single command block that they could have do anything they wanted, within reason. Some of the requests include; early access to an elytra, a teleporter to and from the main town, a blaze spawner, a nametag maker, and a few more.
And to answer RMZ's question, no. One admin request is all you get.

In other news!
I have fully restored the Nether (and end) of both worlds.
And the teleporter lever to pri/charbile's home should work again

please let me know if any other concerns come up.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Yesterday I built mine tracks from my mountain to the town. I also built, with help from Bacon and Spoon, a subway transit station for anybody who wants to create a tunnel to their own base. I have found it massively helpful in just the 1 day I used it. I made it plenty big enough so there should be room for all of us to accommodate and share it.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Not sure if this is too OP, but I am fond of:

Code: Select all

/give @p minecraft:iron_hoe{Enchantments:[{id:knockback,lvl:99}]}
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

This request is the reason I stopped fulfilling all the requests with command blocks.
1 of these hoes? reasonable.
A block that makes them endlessly? crazy town.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Haha! Your decision to decline this request is reasonable and proper :D

I haven't logged in yet, but I'll make time to visit eventually
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

I livestreamed a 4-hour tour of the old world - here's a video archive on Twitch if anyone wants to see it. RMZ and a few others came in to chat with me over time. It was a lot of fun!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/996516289
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I watched a bunch of that, and it was great fun! I haven't been to Mt James in so long, now I want to revisit it.

You visited so many great builds, a few of which I had never seen before, and I think you only scratched the surface.

Does anybody know, do the command-block teleporters in Creeperton still work?

They are located under the modest cobblestone building on the hill by the Creeperton Rail Yard
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Importing the old world as a separate world is vastly better than the copy-pasting I suggested. Glad to hear the original nether is now restored.

For reference, here is the original Minecraft thread.
I sse that the old server was started September 22nd 2011, and was up until at least Dec 2016.

There is a zoomable map of the server last updated 2014? at http://minecraft.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrss/

Looks like I haven't played MC since 2015 but apparently already largely stopped in 2013. I'm still resisting breaking such a successful streak by joining the new server! So instead I watched Baconlab's tour of the old world, loved it.

Do the teleporters in the Teleportation Station in Creeperton still work? There used to be one to the huge Walled City of Wallachia (founded ~2014). (In Discord I repeatedly referred to this as Farington; I misremembered the name. Wallachia isn't marked the map and I don't remember its location). I believe there is also an impressively long nether-road to it.

Of course there's heaps more to see on the old server, including notably Nigel/Wozzeck/Jabbercat's MegaCathedral, a huge (built) nether fortress which I can no longer remember how to reach (it was at the end of a long nether rail, the start of which was I think intentionally difficult to find), an underwater extension of New Jerusalem and not to mention everything James has been up to for the last 7 years which I don't know about! The (original) Cathedral also has a basement but IIRC it's just a big void.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

The Nether Road was an attempt to build a connection between Wallachia back to Creeperton. I continued building it after the world became single player. I only ever made it a bit more than halfway. It seriously takes like more than an hour, at running speed, to traverse it..

Wallachia is far away! There's no realistic way to get there without the teleporter.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yea, the command block teleporters work just fine.
Attachments
2021-04-23_11.32.50.png
2021-04-23_11.32.50.png (369.03 KiB) Viewed 4136 times
2021-04-23_11.33.20.png
2021-04-23_11.33.20.png (602.35 KiB) Viewed 4136 times
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Started on a tower up to the top bedrock in the cave world. Will probably make some branches out to the various surrounding ledges later on, once I've breached the ledge I built up into and am able to keep ascending.
Attachments
2021-04-25_20.04.23.jpg
2021-04-25_20.04.23.jpg (51.25 KiB) Viewed 4101 times
Last edited by Feenicks on Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Last edited by RMZ on Sun May 30, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Documenting some of the OHR town griefing.
Attachments
2021-05-30_16.18.52.png
2021-05-30_16.18.52.png (431.83 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
2021-05-30_16.17.58.png
2021-05-30_16.17.58.png (289.77 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

To explain more of what Feenicks posted.
A few weeks ago I mentioned to a few people that I'd like to share the hosting of the ohr minecraft server with other people in the community. RMZ eagerly signed up for the task and the agreement was that he would become an admin on the current host and after the month ended he would host it himself on a server of his choosing and I would assist with the transfer.
Since making RMZ an admin I have received about a dozen complaints from different people about him, basically abusing his power in various ways. One of the recent complaints was a large spongebob he made in creative mode right next to someone else's building area along with a horde of about a hundred chickens and mules int he area. He argued that the area he built in was actually just unclaimed space but the intention was clear to everyone.
To make the point clear I did the same to him, I made a large sponge bob chatacrer, patrick, right next to his base, but clearly outside of the boundaries he himself set. Admittedly, the character was lewd in nature, to further the point of making an unwanted build near someone else's space.

RMZ's response to this was to spread TNT throughout the world and blow up everything. The focus seemed to be on my builds but was not limited to just my builds.

Needless to say, RMZ was banned from the server. The plan for him to take over the server has been canceled and the ban will continue for the foreseeable future.

I have personally blocked him from contacting me as I found his conduct these last few weeks very showing of character and his latest actions paint a picture of a person I don't want to associate with.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I am totally fine being blocked by Spoonweaver, however insulting my character is awful considering the extents of what you knowingly did.

In whatever defense is allowed for myself, the first couple days I got a little goofy with creative mode as I had never experienced it before and my promise to help people made me very invasive. After everybody complained or stopped playing I figured that out and eased up to just doing my own projects and interacting with people when they would ask for help. I goofed on Bena a few times and jokingly put a Spongebob in his area.

After seeing the Patrick last night I saw the point Spoonweaver was trying to make and deleted said Spongebob as well as the boundary I set around my area since that was the point he was trying to make it seemed. I got it. Even goofing on Bena who didn't seem irritated but laughed at it, I got it. I shouldn't have had to "learn a lesson" from Spoonweaver but with him having admin I either do as he says or it escalates, that's been the message conveyed at least in the last couple months.

I told him the Spongebob was deleted and the walls were destroyed, and his reply was to set the Patrick build on an automatic loop to be rebuilt if I deleted it again. This pushed me over the edge as I didn't feel I deserved to be trolled further and my response was to destroy all of his builds, knowing full well he would manipulate me against everyone and likely ban me.

In what I set up, the only things I saw that I affected were some of Feen's railway, and I apologize for that. I have played the game and been trolled by him constantly. In no way do I apologize for what I did to him. I am sorry for what I did to others.